or Connect

Posts by VincentVogan

Quick question regarding MTO groups: when they end, they all say, "Successfully funded." Is this true, or is it just the default system message? A lot of them don't seem to reach their funding goal, and Meermin explicitly says they'll only go ahead with production if they reach their goal.
Thanks for the input. Do you think I'd look odd to have side tabs on Havana suit trousers, given their standard rise? I plan on getting them hemmed and using the extra fabric for side tabs (and also removing belt loops). Basically, I'm aiming for the Jort look, on a budget. 
I'd appreciate a bit of help, guys.   I've asked SS about front paint rise on both Havana and Jort suit trousers, and they said it's 22 cm for both. Then I measured the front pant rise on a few jeans and trousers I own, and in all cases it was at least 27 cm. Given that my jeans and trousers are normal-rise pants, and that Jort trousers are viewed as at least normal, if not high-rise trousers, why the anomaly? Are they measured differently? (I've measured from the middle...
Hello everyone,   Does any of you have any experience buying a Jort from one of their brick-and-mortar stores? I ask because I love how the suit looks on Jort Keller (or whathever he's called) on the website, but perhaps I'll need some alternations, and don't want to look like my clothes are too tight, which I know SuSu is famous for doing with their clients' suits.   Also, I'm 176 cm high (5.77 feet), medium-built, and was wondering if the jacket isn't too long for...
Same question as Camillo, above: I want to get this suit, and was wondering if I can wear the jacket without people noticing it's from a suit. It seems to me that I can. The jacket seems to be made from a slightly coarser fabric, and it's definitely a casual suit. (Which is how I intend to wear it.)
Jamie, I have the same problem with trousers and jeans, in general. While a better-quality fabric might prevent this, in my case, at least, it's my slightly bigger legs that cause the problems. In other words, if I were to lose a few pounds, there would be a gap in the crotch area and the friction would be either non-existent, or greatly reduced.   Just something to think about...
I guess I posted in the wrong sub-forum. I think it should have been in the streetwear one.   Although the shoes referenced by Fred are beautiful (and thanks for the links, btw), they're not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something casual that can go with unbottoned shirts and jeans.    I agree with you, turkoftheplains, up to a point: I don't like double and triple soled shoes either (hence my thread), but I do think that for a pair of jeans and t-shirt or...
Hello everyone,   When it comes to shoes, I have little experience and don't even know where to look for. I found Chevalier (https://instagram.com/chevalierstore/) and some of their shoes look fantastic. Just take a look at the first photo I've attached below featuring those longwings in black.    The problem is, in some of the pictures I found for this pair, the sole looks way too thick (just look at the second picture). I guess they know that and in most pictures...
Can anyone comment on the quality of SS's bags? I'm interested in getting one.
An update on my proxy services: I'm no longer able to offer this service. More information in my (now closed) listing, here: Proxy service for SuitSupply