or Connect

Posts by dibadiba

Absolutely. I've been meaning to update that but I'm just waiting to confirm a few measurements.I am starting these jackets at $800 shipped.
All done, Fok Here's the link to the album
You're right about it likely ending up on clothing, but you may be able to find something that would dye the leather rather than cover it up. I'm assuming you're getting wear on it from when you're carrying by the shoulder strap?I would suggest either carrying it on the other side of your body to even out the wear (kind of silly but it will extend the life of that area of the bag), or having it repaired professionally at some point. As a bag maker, folded edges are...
Thanks! I'm glad you mention that bag. I'm actually finishing up a version in American alligator, with a photo walk-through of it being built. Very excited to get that posted up soon.Pricing depends on materials and interior customization. A French boxcalf version with an interior organizer would be around $2500-3000+. That would include most colours, fully leather lined, solid heavy brass locks (not like the sample locks I used in the photos), etc. Like all my work, it...
Hello everyone! I've been a (rather quiet) member of the forum for over 6 years now, and I'm excited to now be an affiliate here as well! I chose to become an affiliate for a few reasons. I absolutely love quality, and while fabrics, tailoring, and shoes have a huge presence on the forum, I feel like high quality leather goods are very much lacking and under-represented. What I hope to bring to this area of the forum is my experience. Having started from scratch, I've...
Could you share a bit more info about this? I've heard from a number of old-timers in the leather industry that the quality of leather has dipped noticeably over the last few decades. Is this something to do with the raw materials? The quality of tannage? I wonder why something like the 64spi couldn't be replicated on leather like veg-tanned kangaroo
DWF already gave a good reply for this. Caiman is indeed inferior. The flanks are quite soft and are great for belts, but the centre scales are full of osteoderms that make them very stiff. They also don't take dye very well.Between alligator and crocodile, it mostly comes down to preference. Alligators have a larger head and tail, giving better cutting yields. I find the head to be really nice for wallets.The porosus crocodile (saltwater crocodile) is generally considered...
I can vouch for them too. I've used their boxcalf for briefcases and it's an absolutely wonderful leather. Beautiful finish, very little stretch, excellent consistency in thickness. Terrible with water though, as is most boxcalf I've seen...
Very nice work mate. I'm sure you can relate to the feeling one gets after giving it a good wipe-down and stepping back to see the culmination of all those hours of work. A lovely feeling exclusive to saddle-stitching! Great detailing and proportions too.The colours compliment each other very well...I'm actually doing a hold-all in that exact colour scheme but in reverse (dark brown body with tan detailing).Rock on!
Seriously. Did somebody lose their knife and use their teeth instead?