or Connect

Posts by dibadiba

Just snagged this vintage leather and leather-lined tennis bag off ebay. Hopefully going to restore it for my own use, then re-create the pattern and make another one for my dad out of French boxcalf or something exotic.
A few shots of a wallet I'm currently working on for a SF member Green sokoto goatskin exterior with navy sokoto goatskin interior and tan pigskin pocket linings
I've used Saphir Reptan a number of times and have been quite happy with the results.
Due to a few requests, I'm going to be adding a shopping cart systemin the next few weeks, with various finished items available for purchase. Stay tuned!
I bet half the interwebs has seen this by now, but might as well post it here for those who love briefcases... matte American Alligator, solid brass hardware, French boxcalf lining, completely saddle-stitched by hand
Hi there. Natural veg-tan is a fairly straightforward material to source, but the price can change depending on a few things. For example, a natural, bookbinding quality goatskin is going to cost more than a run of the mill cowhide. Goods like tanner and corter go for under $100 because they use no-frills cowhide, little to no edge finishing, and generally basic construction. The wallet you linked to perfectly describes the above. For $255 for that wallet in a natural...
PM'd
cheers. I'm going to add one more item to the giveaway...stingray cardholder...and then we're good to go!
Thanks! Looks fine in pictures, yeah. It's like acne at a nightclub though...just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.I will probably do a 'sample sale' in the near future for things with really minor imperfections...for example the seam allowance on one particular folded edge might not be as wide as I wanted, or the wrinkling of the leather at a particular fold might not be to my liking. Oh well. Such is the pursuit of perfection
Sharkskin wallet finished. I was going to put this in the giveaway, but I'm not entirely happy with it.