or Connect

Posts by ReppTiePrepster

@mdubs, @MrDV, @DiscoVolante, @JR Magat, @Don L, and @mrfixit... strong showing today gents!  Fabulous ravello and whiskey shells in particular.  At DiscoV, not to be outdone, you are correct in your assertion that color 8 with some age looks better and better.   Man I wish I wasn't such a wuss back in '12 and simply just pulled the trigger on those short wingtip bluchers in ravello!!  You're a lucky man JR...
Thanks for the kind words @halfnhalfnhalf and @mdubs.  I'm a shell hound too, but also really appreciate suede, and to a slightly lesser extent chrmxl.
Pretty sure they are plaza also.  There was a tan version of this shoe in plaza that has been on sale (about $350) at Alden - Madison and SF and a few other retailers also for most of last year.   Here it is... http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-mens_plaza_slip-on_plaza_last_burnished_dark_tan/pvc-ald-mxsdsy-3556_ald_m_plaza_slip-on_plaza_last.html
Never been done.  There was a couple of ravello runs in this model for LS.  It personally is my quintessential Alden grail.
Yesterday Leffot's navy chrmxl and tan suede saddles...   Today, whiskey Wednesday with shortwingtip blamorals... Hope all is well...
Tremont is a tough one to make a definitive statement on fit.  I prefer my barrie size to have a little room.  The tremont in the same size as barrie fits quite well; half size up will not work for me.  It is a tweener that needs to be tried, imo.
I am pretty certain they are on the barrie last.  Alden's unlined suede PTBs/dovers are on the barrie.  The look and feel very different than the standard barrie-lasted, lined shoes (much narrower and pointier).  It is highly unlikely that yours are built on the M58.  The M58 last was made exclusively for the shell PTB for BB.  For instance, the BB calf version of the PTB is on the barrie.     Standard (lined) 990, color 8 PTB... on barrie Tan suede, unlined dover also on...
I think the general feeling here is that the Leydon last is pretty narrow.  There are some retailers that will only order them in E widths.  If the AE 5 last is a bit too narrow in the D width, I don't thin kyou will like the Leydon lasted shoes in your tts d width size.  Good luck and I hope this helps...
IMHO, #1