or Connect

Posts by ZVincler

Great condition black calfskin boot from Alden.   Commando sole and heels Full glove leather lined  Pure vegetable tanned leather insoles   Hampton last fits true to size.   Soles show minimal wear.   Purchased from TheShoeMart.com ($561 retail)     Does not include original box.   Add $15 for shipping to Continental US
Size 9.5 (fits true 10-10.5) sample on the 110 last which has a roomier toebox than their 2030 last.       Perfect distressed look.       Natural Chromexcel rough out uppers, smooth out tongue, leather soles.       Does not include extra laces or Viberg box.     Add $15 for shipping to Continental US.
My brown cxl boots during a weekend in Sequoia
In love with my Boondockers  
Brown CXL on 2030 last with unstructured toe   Standard makeup that has been routinely restocked on Viberg.com
 I heard back from Guy at Viberg today. He said he never saw a sole come separated like that on a service boot and that they normally have a hard time getting the soles off to do a resole.   I took it to a local shop and there going to cement it back together for a few bucks.  No biggie.
 Nope, there's no groove, so the threads are exposed on the bottom.  I got them at the end of June, 2014 and would wear them 5-6 days a week. I used to wear them to work everyday in a warehouse, so I was usually exposing them to sides of wooden pallets and other things that scraped them. I got a pair of Boondockers a couple months ago that have been seeing more wear.  
Here's some pictures I took last week. About 5 months of actual wear.    
Has anyone saw any sole separation like this before?           7 month old service boot. Didn't have anything unusual happen. Noticed the issue after I got back from a walk in the  park and went to wipe the dust off of them.     My initial thought was just to cement it, but I think I'd have to get the threads out of the way to make a smooth surface for things to bond.  I don't know if it would be better for it to be re-stitched.   I emailed info@viberg and am...
9.5, 2030 last, partially structured toe.   Normal signs of light wear. Worn 10-12 times since I bought them from 3sixteen in July, 2014. I just don't wear black boots very often and wish to simplify the things I own.     Does not include grey Viberg box, but includes their brown shipping box, shoe bags, unused rawhide laces and an extra set of flat laces.     $575 shipped in the continental US by USPS Priority. Available for pickup in Los Angeles (90038 or nearby)...