or Connect

Posts by RL Beasley

My family is just now going through this transition. I guess I'm gunna need another hobby so that they'll have something to get me. 
Every year from Christmas I have enjoyed getting clothes from my family members. I have a couple brands that the people who know me well know that I enjoy. I've looked forward to opening new shirts and jackets from my family over the years.  But now... everything is different.    Earlier in the year I broke down and finally got a custom made suit from a local tailor. I am officially ruined. My first foray into the world of custom was such a success that I have sworn...
Just an update****   Some encouragement. I should have updated ages ago, But in September I broke down and had a suit made from scratch. I called around several local tailors for pricing. I got a hold of one tailor who said his cheapest suits start at $800, but he had an overstock of a certain fabric. I told him what I was willing to pay and he made me a suit for $600. I went over my budget a bit but I am blown away by the results. I am taking custom to a new extreme. I...
Depends on how you define wasted. I am someone who 'needs' to wear a suit maybe 10 times a year, if that. I have tons of time, and I have rather enjoyed learning more about suits than I have ever known before by subjecting myself to this process. Thanks for the advice on going with the brooks and tailoring though. Not a bad idea at all. I was originally trying to stay under 500 all in, with tailoring too. I'm starting to think to get a suit that isn't fused that wears...
Hey guys, I really appreciate all of the feedback. Sorry for the delayed response. Yesterday I was in travel, and today my wife and I start our 7 day stay in Aruba, so I am a little out of touch at the moment. Also, I know the pictures suck. My wife took them on my phone in a spare junk room in our house, and you can imagine, she wasn't as excited to take them as I would have hoped. I agree with all of the sentiments expressed here. Seems like the only thing for me to...
The pants haven't been hemmed. And no other alterations have been made. I didn't want to cut the threads because I didn't want any excuse from them to not take the return. Surely there will be enough info here based on brand reputation and other deduced info for someone to give their opinion on whether or not I paid too much or if I'd be better served just getting the suitsupply.
Uploading photos individually from my phone. Give me just a few more minutes. Thanks!
Hey guys. Looking for your opinion on how I did buying this suit. This is with no alterations so its not too late to return it. I was about to pull the trigger on a suit from suitsupply.com but I went to a saks off fifth and saw this suit from zegna. Originally 1200 I picked it up for 450. It's the black label made for saks fifth. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. *sent from my iPhone
I just looked on the web site, and it looks like that price is for the jacket only, and the trousers are another $178.