or Connect

Posts by Kazragore

If you don't like it don't buy it. There are a lot of people here who feel that it's worth the price + wait time. It's a small operation putting out a great product, I'm sure if they wanted to make this company / brand a lot bigger and hire 20 more people they could, but you have to respect the fact that they might want to do something else with their lives (like open a restaurant for example). There's also been no indication that this fundraising (or whatever you want to...
I figure if I can get the same exact jacket and not have to wait 30+ weeks to get it then why would I ever not? I'm definitely gonna be picky with it, I'm not about to buy some old beat up toj with measurements that are off, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might come across one that works for me If I don't see one in the next few weeks I'll probably bite the bullet and put in an order though Edit: I guess it's also probably pretty relevant that I'm looking for a...
Where are the best places to look to pick up a toj (other than ordering it directly obviously)? I've mostly been keeping an eye on ebay, grailed, and the b/s threads here and on sufu. Where else to people go when they're trying to get rid of a toj?
Does anyone have any fade pics of the dirty fades? I've been searching pretty hard and have come up empty handed
[[SPOILER]]   As oboy said, that last pic isn't me! You can see how the jeans fit on my waist above that picture. But yeah, if they only stretch .25" in the thigh then that is definitely not enough. And I know sizing up will result in a waist too big for me (which is why I posted that picture in the first place haha). I guess the cut's just not for me
I posted about this in the beginner jean thread, but most people seemed to be unsure how much the 3sixteens would stretch:    [[SPOILER]] My questions are all pretty much above: can I expect them to stretch enough in the thighs or should I size up? I'm also worried that if I size up they'll fit ok in the thigh but be too large in the waist (à la this picture:        Might it be that this cut just isn't right for me?
I just grabbed a pair of 3sixteen st-100x and was wondering how much they stretch. I've read that they only stretch about .25" in the thigh, which is where I really need some stretching. The waist is just about perfect, but the thighs are pretty much skin tight. Can I expect them to stretch to a comfortable point or are these going to be meggings on my thighs forever? Size up or tough it out?   [[SPOILER]]   Also, disregard the ridiculous cuffs and whatnot, they're...
Use Peacoat's guide to identify the year the coat was manufactured. Any coat made prior to 1980 will be Kersey; after, Melton. (Correct me if I'm wrong!)
Thanks a lot Peacoat, I think I'll probably stay on the hunt for a peacoat in kersey wool!   Also, in my browsing I came across a coat and couldn't identify it based on your dating guide (I'm not really looking to buy it, just curious).    Description: "US Naval Academy peacoat size 34 made for the Academy by Thorngate in 1985"   I've never heard of Thorngate, were they supplying peacoats to the US Navy in '85? Also, in your guide it says: "The pewter button lasted until...
Hey all, hoping to mine some of the expert opinions in this thread to make sure I don't do anything stupid. I have my eye on two coats at the moment, both used. The first is a Sterlingwear Navigator at $100, and the second, judging by Peacoat's dating guide, a 1962 Navy Issue for a good bit cheaper (but missing 1 button). I'm tempted to think the Navigator is a good deal because it retails for $265, but maybe the other's even better!   In general, how does today's...