or Connect

Posts by EdwardB

Secret parka option for some sort of top-tier contribution.  
 I think that one of them is the "powder denim" and one is the coated version (can't particularly tell from the pictures).  If so, I've had both. Powdered denim has some kind of treatment that makes it soft and has a higher percentage of synthetic materials (most likely to retain color), if that's of any importance to you.  Basically just a cheap overdye.  A lot of people on here seem to like the coated denim but it just wasn't really my thing.  It's actually a reasonably...
I just wouldn't put it past some people to try to pull shit because they found a deal somewhere else or something.   I do think ordering knowing the wait time, then canceling after a few weeks is somewhat ridiculous though, unless something really important came up where you actually needed the money.
Could you imagine what would happen if that were the case?   "Hey Charly, I know I wasted a huge amount of your time switching minute measurements because I apparently know better than you guys about how your products should fit, but I'm not really into leathers anymore lol (/found a used one with good measurements for cheap/whatever), can I just get my money back?"   3 weeks later...   "Hey Charly, I know I cancelled my order, but I want to get a leather again ......
Wait, that's the inside of the bad shirt?  I can't really tell too well from the pictures, but it looks like he basically started doing it the right way, but never completely finished.  I think it would be reasonable for you to go to him and ask him to just finish the flat felling (which is essentially just taking the flap of fabric on the inside and sewing it to the torso) for no charge.  Bring the first shirt with you and just tell him that's exactly how you want it and...
I would say so.  Can you take a picture of the inside of the seam?
Top looks like it was nicely single needle flat-felled, which is how it's supposed to be on most (possibly all) BB shirts and oxfords in general, though most brands use double needle.     Bottom looks like the tailor just turned the shirt inside out and sewed the sides up quickly, which is sometimes the case with certain types of casual sport shirts, but not oxfords.  This is a lot weaker than flat-felling a seam.  You could theoretically rip the second one's stitching...
Although I'm not a huge fan, he has put in work the past few years and his team is incredibly great at harnessing the power of social media, but that's for another thread.   I wouldn't be surprised if Uniqlo put out a small capsule collection featuring a look from each finalist (or at least top 3: Todd Snyder, Public School, and TC).  Haven't heard anything about any other designer collab for 2014, so...
 Did they seriously just screenshot that? Anyway, the NYC location is the Siki office/I guess showroom.  It's for appointments for buyers to see the stuff.  FW14 Market Week/Capsule/etc are around this time.
Saw a guy wearing the JCP GATs combined with expensive stuff a few days ago and I just assumed they were like the Dior version or whatever; they look real nice in person, especially for ~$20.