or Connect

Posts by EdwardB

This + blue for me (denim, chambray, and some indigo stuff).  Basically everything goes with everything else and you can get a lot more play out of a smaller wardrobe. I guess some people think it's "boring" but it tends to take a little longer to look dated as opposed to something colored/printed that I would get bored with in a season.  Not sure how it would work for a GQ look though (aka hyper-tailored business casual mixed with obnoxious accessories).  Seems to go...
^The reason for that is the difference between Japanese and US markup.     JPN retail = ~1.7x wholesale.   US retail = ~2.5x wholesale.   Japanese customers are more likely to buy goods at full price, so markdowns aren't factored in to full retail, as they are with US prices.   Item made in Japan: $100 wholesale. (Needles) Sold in Japan: $170. Sold in USA: $250 + cost to ship/duties to USA = a lot.   Item made in USA: $100 wholesale. (EG, etc) Sold in USA:...
Awesome, thank you!
 Does anyone know Siki/Barneys size conversion?  I typically wear 40 and can get measurements from other sites in Siki sizing (1, 2, 3), but I'm not sure what correlates to what.  I think 40 = 3?
 I didn't even look at the content, I tried on one that I just assumed was pure linen (though linen/cotton makes more sense, actually) and one that was like a lightweight twill/chino type material.
^ Tried both that and the linen version on a few days ago, it's seriously impressive for the price (don't know JPN price, but it was $50US last week). I have a weird-to-fit body and it seriously fit perfectly; maybe some slight alterations to sleeve length would be needed, but I can't get over how a mass market brand can make stuff that fits better off the rack than other brands that retail for 5-10x the price.   Lined only in the sleeves, fabric/details are...
 Same with Riccardo wearing a generic, lower-end PRL shirt. Kind of odd.
 I got a suit from them right around when they first came to America a couple of years ago.  Really solid, reasonably well made suit with fabric nicer than J. Crew for less than the cost of J. Crew. If I remember correctly, their whole deal was buying overstock fabric from Italian mills and making their suits in China to save a buck.  Still pretty nice, lots of details that you'd find in higher end stuff.  For a typical person in SW&D, it's definitely more than enough for...
Secret parka option for some sort of top-tier contribution.  
 I think that one of them is the "powder denim" and one is the coated version (can't particularly tell from the pictures).  If so, I've had both. Powdered denim has some kind of treatment that makes it soft and has a higher percentage of synthetic materials (most likely to retain color), if that's of any importance to you.  Basically just a cheap overdye.  A lot of people on here seem to like the coated denim but it just wasn't really my thing.  It's actually a reasonably...