or Connect

Posts by EdwardB

Re: care tags, I interned at a brand this summer that makes technical garments with various materials with various treatments, etc. and I handled a lot of the care tag creation/customs issues for their FW14 stuff.   Care tag mislabeling also might have to do with customs related stuff - it costs more to import certain fabrics/blends than others (as an incentive for certain companies to use domestic resources rather than ordering overseas) so, if it's not easily...
 This + blue for me (denim, chambray, and some indigo stuff).  Basically everything goes with everything else and you can get a lot more play out of a smaller wardrobe. I guess some people think it's "boring" but it tends to take a little longer to look dated as opposed to something colored/printed that I would get bored with in a season.  Not sure how it would work for a GQ look though (aka hyper-tailored business casual mixed with obnoxious accessories).  Seems to go...
^The reason for that is the difference between Japanese and US markup.     JPN retail = ~1.7x wholesale.   US retail = ~2.5x wholesale.   Japanese customers are more likely to buy goods at full price, so markdowns aren't factored in to full retail, as they are with US prices.   Item made in Japan: $100 wholesale. (Needles) Sold in Japan: $170. Sold in USA: $250 + cost to ship/duties to USA = a lot.   Item made in USA: $100 wholesale. (EG, etc) Sold in USA:...
Awesome, thank you!
 Does anyone know Siki/Barneys size conversion?  I typically wear 40 and can get measurements from other sites in Siki sizing (1, 2, 3), but I'm not sure what correlates to what.  I think 40 = 3?
 I didn't even look at the content, I tried on one that I just assumed was pure linen (though linen/cotton makes more sense, actually) and one that was like a lightweight twill/chino type material.
^ Tried both that and the linen version on a few days ago, it's seriously impressive for the price (don't know JPN price, but it was $50US last week). I have a weird-to-fit body and it seriously fit perfectly; maybe some slight alterations to sleeve length would be needed, but I can't get over how a mass market brand can make stuff that fits better off the rack than other brands that retail for 5-10x the price.   Lined only in the sleeves, fabric/details are...
 Same with Riccardo wearing a generic, lower-end PRL shirt. Kind of odd.
 I got a suit from them right around when they first came to America a couple of years ago.  Really solid, reasonably well made suit with fabric nicer than J. Crew for less than the cost of J. Crew. If I remember correctly, their whole deal was buying overstock fabric from Italian mills and making their suits in China to save a buck.  Still pretty nice, lots of details that you'd find in higher end stuff.  For a typical person in SW&D, it's definitely more than enough for...
Secret parka option for some sort of top-tier contribution.