or Connect

Posts by wyardley

Me (as a guest) at a summer wedding... tie is by Cordial Churchman (yeah, I think the point on the other side should be sticking out a bit more).
"Diamond point". You will find diamond point ends on both butterfly and batwing style ties.
I think the point collars look nice, however, I have noticed recently that most of the marcella front turndown collar formal shirts available via Brooks Brothers, as well as British makers like Turnbull & Asser (who I think would do a fairly traditional design), etc. are semi-spread. Paul Stuart and Kent Wang have longer ones.   I think wing collar with black tie is more common in the US than elsewhere, but still not preferred by a lot of style authorities.
  You would want to compensate for the braces in your measurements when having it made. Just to give you an idea, I had belt loops added and suspender buttons added to a dinner suit made when I didn't know any better. In total, I ended up having to have the pant legs let out about 2.5". The crotch obviously couldn't be let out; the pants are a bit tighter than I'd like there now, but I can still sit comfortably. However, I think everything would probably drape better if...
Thanks all! Very helpful, especially the link to that blog post. Most of the stuff does seem pretty common sense.
From my understanding, that's not at all how things work at this level. This is not big budget TV. Some of the stuff is web-only (i.e., ESPN3, or by the league's online subscription based service), or else local cable networks, and he's generally paid by the team directly, not by the TV network. From what I can tell, he rarely gets any guidance (beyond very general terms) about what to wear.   Obviously, it would be better if he had professional guidance, but since he...
No... not for me. My brother is a sports broadcaster / journalist who does some TV work (mostly soccer and some football). He's not quite to the point where he has either a stylist or a huge budget to work with.   Wondering if anyone has suggestions of patterns, colors, and fabric types which work well on TV to provide a little visual interest, without being either too distracting, or creating moire patterns or other visual artifacts on camera. Pictures of really...
Also, am I right in thinking that a barathea tie would match with grosgrain more than with satin?
I have one of these on the way: http://shop.edeandravenscroft.co.uk/products/black-evening-waistcoat   but just realized that the buttons are covered in grosgrain (not sure if the lapels have any facing on them).   Do you think anyone will notice if I wear this with a tux that has smooth satin facing, as long as I wear a satin bow tie? Or maybe just remove (and save, of course) the buttons if there's no facing on the lapels, and replace with satin covered ones?...
I definitely spent more on my wedding clothes than my wife spent on her dress etc. But one thing to keep in mind is that a wedding dress is pretty much useless (unless you resell it) after it's been worn, whereas a good suit or evening wear will probably be quite useful / usable for a man in the future. We also paid for our own wedding clothes (that is, I paid for mine, and she paid for hers) rather than trying to take them out of the wedding budget.   I did wear a dinner...