or Connect

Posts by UMCostumestock

Greetings, I have one pair that are a bit special in the collection.  They are a bit different than some of the shoes posted here but were still bespoke shoes, so I thought I might share.   They were built by T. O. Dey shoes, New York City, for a national tour of the musical, Some Like it Hot, in 2002.  They are one of three pair built for a certain gentleman in the cast.  Since closing in 2003, the shoes have been stored on cedar shoe trees in shoe bags waiting to...
As far as I know the vest was first documented as part of the University of Michigan costume collection in early summer of 2002.  So I could tell you where it has been for the last 10 years.  The 76 years before that, I have no idea.  I would venture a guess that it was well kept in a clean cool closet or dresser, as it is in fantastic condition and we use it on stage, most recently in the musical Chicago. Here is a picture of the vest on a dress form.  I suspect the...
They just don't make them like they used to.  This was in the back of a vest that I was photographing in our collection today.