or Connect

Posts by flyfronted

might buy myself a sheepie this winter can anyone recomend a place to find a nice short 60s style one ?
Those ' Skinheads ' outside the pub .. could not work out if they were the Gay branch or late 70s Boneheads got old n fat , either way they all looked a ' bit Dick Emery ' .
The World's End i think .. 
Chelsea FA Cup 70 Parade 
It was the number 1 picture on every kids wall i knew ... how we aspired to wear clobber that cool . 
The MA1 became popular from about 78 in London as a Soul Boy thing ( the great gear market down the kings rd  started selling them ) . It spread to the Football lot and was seen as a ' london football lad  thing ' , you would see hundreds of pre casual ' cockneys ' marching through Northern towns in em  . The Boneheads hijacked it off the football lot and went from cool Americana to Gloo sniffers wear in a few short years . 
I always thought it was Skinhead wore bovver boots while suede heads wore gentlemens shoes ..
http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/03/meet-your-maker-cone-mills-of-greensboro-north-carolina/Cone Mills celebrated as THE best maker of levis then and now .
Portsmouth - looks like first wave ?