or Connect

Posts by sehkelly

Hello all   I write this from the Dieter Rams-designed confines of Vitsoe, on Duke Street, here in London.   We have a one-week residency here, at the Vitsoe showroom, which makes us a little more accessible (and findable) than our usual whereabouts.                       Here until Saturday.   Paul
Afternoon folks   It would remiss of me not to quickly point out that our new deerskin gloves are now finished ...         The palm is deerskin from Britain's foremost gloving-leather tannery, the trank is wool-tweed from north-west Ireland, and the innards are natural-colour cashmere. Cosy things, all told, assembled in the crucible of English glover-making.   As you were.   Paul
Ha. They do a certain dystopian bionic quality to them, don't they? Cheers!
Afternoon folks   Just a quite quick word to say that we have developed some gloves over the past few weeks.    They are lined with the finest hand-framed Scottish cashmere this side of Inverness (which covers a lot of territory) and they have a deerskin (from a British tannery) palm.           The back of them, meanwhile, is a thick and flecked wool-tweed, much like you see below.       The gloves are hand-cut, stitched together with a combination...
Any time. If it wasn't entirely clear in my previous response, this year's peacoat will be made with tweed from County Donegal. Two (or possibly three) colours in the Tetris tweed which we have used previously. We also have some deerskin gloves, which make use of the same tweed, too. And, on a third County Donegal tip -- we have worked with the little father and son mill, responsible for the above, on some traditional Irish blankets. These will all arrive in a little...
Wotcha Nope -- the wool-tweed mac, as it was once known, did not make the cut this year. It will most likely begin life instead as a cotton-twill overcoat in the New Year. We made a few important improvements to it, to the cut and pockets and the collar, and it is now a better, more interesting, and more substantial garment. What tweed there will be this year is the peacoat (imminent) and then a new SB2 jacket made from wool from the Inner Hebrides (about which I plan...
Yes, we are indeed making one or two heavyweight crewneck jumpers in size XS this time around. XL too. The lighter crewneck and fold-stitch cardigan which we are introducing this autumn, meanwhile, will both begin at size S. They are both fairly neat-fitting in sleeve and body already, you see. Besides, best to test the waters and all that ... Hope that helps. Paul
Evening I am glad you asked. We have some new peacoats in wool-tweed, to which we are currently putting the finishing touches, and a heavyweight cotton-twill trench coat (wool-melton lined) -- both due in the next couple of weeks. A second tranche of heavy woollen garments will come along at the end of October, or thereabouts. Jackets of a one- and two-button nature mostly. Knitwear -- very thick jumpers, somewhat lighter jumpers, and cardigans -- is due roughly in...
Wotcha Styleforum   One or two new things have sprung forth from our little apparel-fridge in east London.   First is the launch of a project with Beams International Gallery: a "shop-in-shop", as they're called, at the flagship store in Harajuku. Four garments have been developed especially for the event, using two specially-woven tweeds. There is a navy-blue woollen trench with detachable shearling top-collar, a navy-blue vest, a brown birdseye tweed collarless...
Good suggestion, and one which I have thought about a little before -- but we don't plan far enough ahead to be able to give customers sufficient information or detail about any garment not yet made. We usually have only a 2-3 week lead-time, from when we decide to go ahead with a production run, to when it is complete and ready to buy. As soon as we do make that decision, however, we tend to tweet or blog about it -- and we are always very open on email, if ever you...