or Connect

Posts by sehkelly

We are using the first length of Ventile Ripstop to make the tour jacket. Seems to make the most sense. What doesn't make sense is that we are making a padded version of said jacket. You know: just in time for summer. The padded tour jacket is part of our AW15 collection for our stockists in Japan, and we were so pleased with the sample we made, just last month, that we wanted to plunge ahead and use the new cloth to make a small production run for our own website /...
Hello there   Our sizes are fairly standard, as far as ready-to-wear garments go. There are no great surprises or deviations from the norm. Perhaps we are a touch smaller than some other European brands, and larger than others, but all in all, myself and our customers find us more or less "normal".   The car coat is intended to be (able to be) worn over a jacket and shirt, and if that is your intention then I'd recommend the M (designed for a 40" chest gent)....
... speaking of cloth, we began cutting today a world-first in the wonderful world of all-natural performance fabrics: Ventile Ripstop L24.   This has been developed by the nice people at Ventile, over the past year, in homage to the nylon ripstop version of Ventile or yore. Difference is, this time, the cloth is 100% cotton.     I believe we are the first people to get our hands on it, and we're not hanging around: there will be a handful of jackets made from the...
Evening Sorry for the rather overdue response. Yes -- the garments are in work now, and ought to be online in about one week. There is an SB2 jacket, and a pair of shorts. The finished cloth is fantastic. It has the appearance of coarse tweed, as I allude to in my previous post: a striped herringbone of white, natural, and dark-natural yarn. It is thick, and with the irregularities and slubs you might expect of hand-woven linen. But, because it is linen, it is very dry and...
In that case, perhaps send an email to either Nanamica (http://www.nanamica.com/en/) or Maiden Shop (http://maidens.shop-pro.jp/). They both ought to stock the coat in question.
That one is a special order, just for a few of our stockists in Japan.  It's our car coat in navy blue Ventile, with a matching thick-thin cord top-collar. It's the same idea as http://www.sehkelly.com/sb2-navy-blue-cotton.
Hello folks   The two of us have been really rather busy of late.    The first two months of the year are always all-hands-to-the-pump with the orders of our customers in Japan. Hectic. But then the dust settles, and we settle down to making things for the rest of the world -- i.e. for our workshop and website.   Hence there's a veritable bunch of new things here at the minute. Cotton, corduroy, and linen: our usual spring-summer cloth triumverate. A smattering of...
 Afraid not, no. They are a slim cut, and fit small, however, so an M might be worth considering (especially if you're planning on wearing a few layers beneath it).And please by all means drop me a line at paul@sehkelly.com if I can answer any specifics about fit or measurement.
If I might chip in ... I would expect that, in a cloth so thick, a size S will be a snug fit for someone of your size. Of course, it depends really on how you want it to fit -- for a more relaxed look and feel, or to wear more than, say, a regular shirt beneath it, a size M would most likely be a better bet. Paul
Hello   Yes -- the cotton-twill is a heavyweight outerwear cloth (450gsm or thereabouts). Typically we make trench coats and work jackets with it.   The cloth is intended to soften and adapt with wear. Washing it certainly will soften it, but probably best to wear it a few times, first, before doing so. I have a trench coat in the same cloth myself, which has been worn for a couple of years, and it is now the softest thing around -- sort of like how raw denim softens...