or Connect

Posts by sehkelly

In other news, we've made some new car coats in fairly unusual qualities of Ventile. One is a stone-colour Ventile Ripstop, the feel of which I like very much -- those extra threads for the ripstop certainly give the cloth more body -- and a manila-colour Ventile standard, which is a colour unlikely to have done the rounds before.             I've heard a few apocryphal explanations for why a "car coat" is so-called over the past few weeks, and none truly...
 Thank you. Very kind, really. Never doing sales works best for us. I worry it puts off some customers, for whom grabbing something at lower-than-usual prices is a satisfying triumph, but for us it is more simple, clear, and straightforward. And, while we work with shops in Japan who *do* put our garments on sales -- and that's how they work and how their business model is best served -- in truth I never like to see % signs or BIG RED NUMBERS next to our garments. I really...
 The topcoat looking exactly as hoped and intended: truly great to see ... ... (especially when you've been at the factory all day and are beginning to question if you're really cut out for this clothing malarkey).
 Many thanks indeed for the kind words.  I can't imagine too many garments *not* wilting in the presence of that Frank Leder overcoat (what a thing that was) -- but, if anything can do it, it's that crewneck.
Excuse the self-horn-blowing-by-proxy but here is a lovely little post someone wrote last week about what goes on at our workshop ...   http://francescorner.com/2016/12/s-e-h-kelly/       Paul
 Hello there Nope -- canvassing is something I associate with formal tailoring and structured suit jackets, rather than anything in our casually attired world. Our jackets are entirely unstructured, apart from a little subcutaneous strengthening here and there so they hold their shape over the years. The SB3 will resurface in January, I should think, in corduroy -- a grey and a navy -- and, perhaps more excitingly, a high-twist worsted wool, grey in colour. Very fine...
 Many thanks. And yes. It withstands a 30°C machine wash (lukewarm; apparently 86°F) with not a jot of shrinkage. 
Afternoon all   Here we have it -- another cloth to file under "novel combination of materials woven by interesting one- or two-person operations in fairly remote corners of the British Isles" ...   This time: oxford shirting made with organic off-white cotton and black hemp, woven in Lancashire.   Hemp is a material of illustrious history in the annals of textiles here in the UK, so it's an especially pleasing project with which to be, in some tiny part,...
You've got a good memory!   We do have a jacket in the distant pipeline which shares certain similarities with the old, old, old work jacket, like the open collar. Never let a good idea go to waste.   There's also the new short jacket, which is made in the very same cotton-twill as the old work jacket (but not the charcoal wool-cashmere of the even older work jacket, to which I guess you might also be referring).         Paul
 Good suggestion. We did make a balmacaan sample recently, a one-off, with a detachable (using brass press-studs) hood. It looks good, even though it isn't strictly true to the vision we had of that particular coat. And, since the collars of the balmacaan, hood jacket, car coat, trench coat, and the new flight jacket are all pretty similar -- all of them good old fashioned Prussian collars -- there's no reason in theory why the hood of one couldn't be fitted to another....