or Connect

Posts by sehkelly

It really is. It's not really intended for use for making garments with. It's very thick and frays terribly when it is cut (which makes it difficult to make jackets with, let me tell you). But yes -- we couldn't be happier with the end results. And to wear, it feels like flexible armour ... in a good way. There's a grey-black version, too, which we hope to have complete next week. 
Crikey. That doesn't look good. Thank you for providing it, though.   Doesn't do it on my iPhone. Maybe an issue with caching or something. Hmmm.  I do love technology.
 Sorry to hear that, but I must admit it isn't something I've heard before. The BUY / SOLD OUT button does only update once a size is selected from the drop-down menu, which I know is somewhat clunky -- but I've never heard or seen it being obscured from full view. If I could trouble you for a screengrab, if you happen to have the chance, then that would be much appreciated. And of course if this is preventing you from making a purchase, or checking if something is...
The second of the two wonderful materials from Mourne Textiles, which I first mentioned here a few months back, finally made its way on the site this morning.   It's a work jacket -- standard collar, whopping great front-spanning pockets, tight-fastening gusset cuffs -- but the remarkably thing about it is certainly the cloth.             It's a wool-linen, it is woven on a hand-loom assembled by the local coffin-maker some 60 years ago, and it is quite...
Hello thereThere's certainly never any difficulty taking our trousers in ... but you'd only manage an extra half-inch if you tried to take them out. There's quite a lot of handiwork and unusual seam interplay, too, in the waistband and around the seat, so it isn't something I'd rush to recommend, unless you have a very good tailor to hand.Our trousers do measure true, in that an M is a 34 which measures 34" around the waist (i.e. 17" across the waist when fastened and laid...
 We do have a size S in stock, and there's a chance an XS will come back our way.There's also the M which @Nakedsnake currently has on his hands -- doubly convenient if you happen to be in Canada. Oh -- and here's a few new pictures of it being worn, while we're on the subject.   Paul
 Not to worry -- you never know until you try, do you? You've got all the time you need to decide. You know, within reason. Just let me know in the next week or so, if you can, at your convenience.
Much obliged. On its way it will go tomorrow.
A pleasure!If you intend to wear it as a jacket -- heavy or light or otherwise -- rather than a shirt (over just, say, a vest or t-shirt) then I suggest you'd best go for your usual size, or the size whose measurements are closest to jackets that you own.The discussion of wearing it as a shirt are, rather like the name of the thing itself, somewhat misleading on this occasion. In previous months, when we have the same garment in linen, and with a lightweight cotton lining,...
Oh, more than sufficient. It being called an overshirt is something of a misnomer: it is designed and built like a quite heavy jacket.It is fully lined, with heavy melton, and the outer cloth is as thick a tweed as we've ever used. The sleeves are lined with cotton, too.All in all, it is as thick and as heavy -- about 1.6kg -- as a warm winter jacket. The fact the tweed is made with merino ups the warmth stakes somewhat, too: very good for insulation, merino wool.Paul