or Connect

Posts by MattMo

Thanks for the advice. Does this have to do with the shine on the suit? Also - does this necessarily mean that the suit is 'bad quality.' I'm only familiar with wool.  And when should I try out a MTM suit?  Thanks for the advice! What MTM shirt company or RTW brand would you recommend? 
Question:   Which suit to keep/buy?   1. http://store-us.hugoboss.com/mens-suits/ryan/win-suits/hbna50230185,en_US,pd.html?cgid=21100#!color=021_Dark-Grey Caveat: 55% Virgin Wool/42% Viscose IE Wool blend suit? (Is this a caveat?) Price paid with tax: $277 - No alterations done yet. Estimated final price: $320   2. Indochino MTM Suit Pro: 100% wool, Alteration credit Con: Takes awhile, Learning curve   Anything I'm missing here? Is that Boss suit...
Question:   Which suit to keep/buy?   1. http://store-us.hugoboss.com/mens-suits/ryan/win-suits/hbna50230185,en_US,pd.html?cgid=21100#!color=021_Dark-Grey Caveat: 55% Virgin Wool/42% Viscose IE Wool blend suit? (Is this a caveat?) Price paid with tax: $277 - No alterations done yet. Estimated final price: $320   2. Indochino MTM Suit Pro: 100% wool, Alteration credit Con: Takes awhile, Learning curve   Anything I'm missing here? Is that Boss suit...
Thanks for the advice.   So I should just return that Boss suit?
Hm, what's a good pricepoint for Hugo Boss if I'm on a budget?    There were some I saw on sale for ~$260.   Not worth it? Seems nicer than DKNY, Michael by Michael Kors, Lauren by RL, Alfani (hah) etc etc.    I'm a 38R and slim - it's been quite difficult finding a suit that doesn't need a lot of tailoring.    EDIT: Here's the...
I've been reading posts up & down this forum about what makes a great suit. Material, cut, fabric, branding, tailoring, off the rack, custom made etc. I've also encountered places like Indochino, Thick as Thieves etc. Read about Brooks Brothers 1818 line, J. Crew Ludlow, Hugo Boss, RLPL, RLBL, Italian suit designers I can't spell off the top of my head, and more.    Now, I need some help :) What I'm looking for is a good quality, navy blue suit. Half or full...