or Connect

Posts by Acekun

Author deleted this post.
                  Can I get a critique on this suit, please?  Just got it from Black Lapel. Sleeves seem too short and the right one is shorter than the other. Pants in the back don't look too good either.  Please let me know what you would get done to this suit.   Apologies for the picture quality -- just got the suit and couldn't take the pics until tonight when the light wasn't too good.  My wife is out of town and my 6 yr old did her...
  OK, thanks. I guess I misunderstood what he was implying regarding the hedge fund industry.  I thought the TaT "conservative/traditional" cut might be conservative enough. Really, the only time I have to wear a suit for work is conferences and I'll see some guys wear some fashion forward stuff.  I guess the only concern is how that type of suit would be received in an interview.     I might turn to Black Label anyway since they have lower Super 100s.  But maybe I run...
  Mortgage + kids + I'm cheap = TaT   I live pretty modestly. I drive a 20 year old car while everyone else drives BMWs and Porsches. 
  This is the description he has on his website. (apologies if this is a double post, tried once and it didnt seem to go through).   "These fabrics are from renowned Italian mill Vitale Barberis Canonico, a super 170 wool/silk blend in lightweight approx 9oz."
  This is the description he has of the Super 170.    These fabrics are from renowned Italian mill Vitale Barberis Canonico, a super 170 wool/silk blend in lightweight approx 9oz. 
Sorry, I'm not understanding you totally clearly.  Are you referring specifically to the Super 170 at TaT?  It does say it is a 9 oz.  Do you own one?
I'm new here and have learned and read a lot of posts. I appreciate everyone sharing their opinion and knowledge -- it's been quite helpful.   Based on the reviews and posts here, I decided I wanted to order a suit from Thick as Thieves. I need a new navy suit -- basically for interviews, occasionally work and church.  I'll probably wear it 2-3 times a month.   However, the solid Navy fabric TaT has available right now is the Super 170. This is a suit that I want...