or Connect

Posts by romancommander

Quote on 8.5D Strand in walnut and a quote on a walnut wide basic belt (34). Thanks.
Hey OTC, thanks for all the help so far. It has been great. One last question regarding the way my double vents were reconstructed. I noticed the end of it was not constructed the same way as all my other double vent suits. The ends have 4 layers of fabric instead of two. Its hard to fully explain. Here are pics, showing the difference.   This first picture shows my suit that has never been shortened. The vent is in its original condition and the end of the vent is...
Hey OTCtailor, thanks for the insight. I download the TimerCam App for my iphone so I can take pictures of myself in the proper posture.. After looking at these new pictures it looks as though the lower back is brought in too tight. Never noticed that before. My tailor has done that in both jackets. Not sure why. Both jackets have been heavily altered by the way. The shoulders were brought up, sides taken in, sleeves taken in and shortened, and I think he did something...
Hey everyone, first post in this thread.   Just had a suit shortened by my tailor. I created a thread about it before I saw the results.    http://www.styleforum.net/t/332272/suit-jacket-length-vs-sleeve-length#post_6064013   Anyway, I think the tailor messed up my double vents. The fabric seems to be twisted a bit and he failed to properly sew up the spot where the flap meets the jacket. I have some pictures below.   Question: Can this be easily fixed?...
Looking for some advice on dress shirts.   I have recently found that a Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit 15 and a half collar and 32 sleeve length fits me really well. I have a few already but I am looking to try out some other brands, so that the style of my shirts look slightly different.   One thing I liked about BB shirts are the exact sleeve lengths. What other companies have shirts with exact sleeve lengths? I found out that I am a 32 and not a 32/33 which...
Hey everyone,   I bought a suit a while ago that was 38R. I usually buy a 38S. I brought it in to my tailor and he made it fit nicely, except the sleeve length was still a little too long for my taste. The sleeve was at the end of my thumb and I always thought it should be at  wrist level. The tailor had already brought up the sleeve a bit at the shoulder and I think he had already brought it up a bit at the end of the sleeve.   I asked him if could bring up the...
    Thanks for the advice onix. Its probably not worth it for me to send these to Tie Crafters even though I am sure they can fix them properly.   I got them on sale for around $15-$18 so I would be spending more to repair them.   I will just buy new ones and be more careful with them from now on.
Hi everyone,   My new job requires ties as part of the dress code.   Over the past year I have found a few of my ties coming loose/undone at the back. A really thin thread that holds them together at the back is breaking.   I think I might be taking them off incorrectly. Not sure what else would cause this to happen.   I have attached a photo which shows what is happening.   I usually tie my ties in a half windsor...
Hey, othertravel, thanks for the reply. I will go check out Samuelsohn at the Harry Rosen Outlet. Do you know when the Samuelsohn MTM event is going to be taking place? I'd like to check it out!
I live in Canada and I have a retailer near me who is selling S. Cohen suits from their Custom Cuts program. He states that the suits from the Custom Cuts program that he orders are half canvassed and that the fabric is from Europe. He is asking about $800 CAD for a made to measure suit.   Can anyone compare their quality to similarly priced off the rack options around Toronto? A Z Zegna or Hugo Boss will come in around the same price point. Are they similar in...