or Connect

Posts by PhiloVance

Cross-post from the EG thread . . . Not my auction but someone with large, narrow feet should scoop up this amazing pair of exceedlingly hard-to-find Windsors:
Not my auction but someone with large, narrow feet should scoop up this amazing pair of exceedlingly hard-to-find Windsors:
Well, I dropped the db off today! Should be ready for me to try on in about a week - I'll keep you posted on the results :-)
^^^^ Thanks, I was thinking about that myself. I'll ask what they think but will most likely leave as is.
So is there some place/site where you can actually see the various iterations of the Shannon?
Here's an example of the lower button stance so it doesn't look too out of place. I think I'm going to take the plunge!
^^^^Bad-ass suit, my man. Your button stance is definitely higher, at least on the bottom row of buttons. I will see what Wilfred (the tailor) thinks tomorrow. At this point, I'm thinking 1930s-dated=good, 1990s/2000s-dated=maybe not so good
I was wondering what some of the DBers who frequent this thread think of this suit. I purchased this Dunhill bespoke suit for basically nothing and was interested in having it tailored to fit. Its really a wonderful piece - heavy charcoal flannel with a white pinstripe, double-vented, working button holes on the sleeves, side adjusters, etc. I've looked at quite a few images from this thread, and the button placement seems more in line with the vintage pieces from the...
I think Spring 2015 is going to be the time :-)