or Connect

Posts by Bbombers85

Ocho x Leffot on this Friday. About a dozen wears in on these. I'm not big on polishing my shells - I only do it if I'm going to wear a suit. Like the slight worn look.
I don't own a black pair either, but if I were to own one, it would probably be the J. Crew cadet cordovan bluchers. They've been sold out in my size for a while though. I'm only 8 pairs in with 2 more on pre-order though.
 I have only 1 pair with black edge and the rest are some sort of antique. I don't work in a formal atmosphere so I prefer antique. If I wore suits often, I'd probably want black. I guess it depends on how it fits within one's wardrobe.
Looking at Mike's spreadsheet, I feel guilty for wearing sneakers today. Back to Aldens on Monday!
 I don't know if firing is the right solution. Part of the problem is the lack of skilled labor. Hand sewns are taking ages and their factory is under immense pressure to crank out shoes. Wait times are noticeably longer now than a year or two ago IMO.
 This is a bit difficult to answer and you really need to try the shoes on with the thicker socks to get an idea. It further depends on the exact measurements of your foot. For example, my foot is 10.25 inches and I also wear a 10D. The extra quarter inch provides me sufficient room to wear any kind of sock. However, if my foot were exactly 10.5, the thicker socks may be a bit tight.
 Those are easily in my top 3 of Alden's I don't have.
One is never, "done."
Picked up my AoM (Sold out on preorder) Cigar LWBs today. Pair came out great. Cigar is on the dark side, but I don't mind it as all my dark cigar shoes have lightened up with wear. Essentially, incentive for more wear. There is still NO update on Ravello. Alden still doesn't have the leather to even confirm any orders.
 Alden DC does not do size runs. Kathy submits orders for 2-3 shoes at a time, based on her wait lists, to ensure quicker turnaround.