or Connect

Posts by newtoshoes

Current waiting times seem to depend mostly on the requested model. My exchange pair still hasn't even been shipped yet (Ama wholecuts). Meermin got to know about the defect on December 19, my shoes arrived at their place on January 14.   So you can either be "lucky" and wait about 30 days or wait a while longer...
Yes, I'm working with Sandro. I am sure that they are really trying hard, but the current waiting times (responses, production, delivery) are just not acceptable. It is now 2 months that I have not been able to wear my shoes.   Regarding the quality, they definitely have a good value for the money. However, you have at least a few good alternatives at about the same price and quality range here in Germany that also have shown up in recent years. I'm afraid the current...
Meermin was aware that I would (have to) return my shoes on December 19. The exchange pair still hasn't been shipped...
The best time to buy? I would advise you to order immediately if you plan to wear them this year...
Of course you're right about leather being a natural product. Therefore, slight deviations are normal and no sign of low(er) quality. However, Meermin sells Aniline leather which usually requires high quality material lacking scratches or strong differences in the pore structure.   I just think that the issues that GonC reported are by no means acceptable or normal; neither for Classic Line nor for Linea Maestro or any other pair of shoes from a different company unless...
In my opinion, the shoes GonC posted pictures of look terrrible. Many of you agreed with that.   What I don't really get: Some of you said that one would have to accept quality issues in that price range. In my opinion, that's absolutely wrong. You pay for a functioning pair of shoes without any issues. The lower price of the Classic Line results from a cheaper fabrication method and cheaper leathers in comparison to Linea Maestro. Moreover, obviously at least parts...
I can confirm the current processing times.   Unfortunately, the squeaking of my Ama wholecuts didn't get any better, perhaps even worse. So I wrote Sandro about it on December 19. I hoped, the issues could be fixed rather easily, but he told me that I would have to return the shoes. I received more information about the return details on January 3. I shipped the shoes the following day and they arrived at Meermin January 14. So far, I haven't received a notice that...
Thanks for your help, guys. I'll try a few more wears and see if the sqeaking diminshes. If it doesn't, I will contact Meermin.   I just wouldn't want to bother them with the topic if such a sqeaking had be to considered "normal" for goodyear welted shoes.
Hey guys,   apart from you group order, can anyone tell me if the squeaking of my pair from the Classic Line is normal? I would really appreciate your help before I contact Meermin.   Best regards
Thanks for the information, Journeyman.   Obviously, the squeaking of my shoes does not come from accessible parts of shoe rubbing against each other (as I could cause the sqeaking from just bending the shoes with my hands a little). Should I write Meermin about the issue?