or Connect

Posts by burghler

I'm 5'10 with size 10 feet and wear 7.5-7.75 for chinos and 8-8.25 for dressier trousers.  For me, there isn't one ideal proportion for all types of trousers.  For instance, I have a pair of chinos and a pair of flannels with the same hem opening (8.25).  The flannels look well proportioned while the chinos look a sloppy.  The absence of a trouser crease allows the excess to billow outwards rather than gather at the front and back.  That's my theory at least.
I'm guessing you do want it to be opaque, as in not see-through.  I'd suggest royal oxford.  It has a bit more texture to it than poplin, which adds a little visual interest.
I'm guessing Gray knitwear since they are mentioned in the original post
 I have the Pendeen (I'm guessing yours is Port Isaac based on the bolded part above), which is more of a soft square-toe than the website shows.  Nonetheless it's a really nice shape. I agree with everything else.
Any recommendations for a grey Donegal tweed in overcoat weight (22oz+)?  I like this one https://www.flickr.com/photos/molloyandsons/6792094297/ but would prefer it a little heavier.  Thoughts on wool lining for additional warmth if there aren't any heavier options available?  Thanks.
^same for me - dark paisley
What Vanson color is most similar to the Aero waxy blue?  Candy or navy blue, possibly.  Are all the colors listed on Vanson's site available in both the comp weight and Z150?  I apologize if this has been asked before.  Thanks.
Thanks for posting DWFII.  Very interesting.
The collar is a soft cutaway.  I left it up to them to decide on fusing/lining, so I'm assuming they went with the medium fused collar band/lightly lined collar leafs (??).  Order #7606
No, sorry I wasn't clear.  Just oxfords - I'm the same as you regarding bluchers, probably the reason most of my shoes are of this kind.  Thanks for the response. That makes perfect sense.  Thanks.