or Connect

Posts by burghler

These are the first 10 models I would buy if I started all over.  Pics are as close to what I was imagining that I could find.   Black punchcap balmoral boots (cordovan/suede combo)     Black stitchcap oxfords   Oxblood adelaides   Brown full brogues (I realize these are imitation brogues...)   Burgundy pebble grain punchcap derby boots with shearling lining   Coffee suede NSTs       Doeskin bow loafers   Navy unlined penny loafers   Saddle shell...
Love your dog, man.  Pitty?
Same for me though I will also wear these "sleek" bluchers with a suit.  You normally can't tell, and bluchers are a much easier RTW fit for me due to my high instep(s).
My mistake.  I was thinking of flap-over or wrap around briefcases.
I'm interested as well.
Frank Clegg and Lotuff Leather both sell top-frame designs within that price range.  The Leather Foundry too (actually well below your range).   For custom, I believe Simon Baker and Shane Trudell do as well though that will depend on the details and design.   Disclaimer: I don't have experience with any of these makers but what I've read has been very positive.
Perhaps I missed it.  Were there actual statistics presented showing the failure rate to be similar between HW and Goodyear?  I only read speculation as to what the statistics might look like - both approaching 0. 
Search the forum for fishtail parka and you'll find some good recommendations.  My personal favorite is this one from Esemplare http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/grey-merino-cable-lined-hooded-parka-2311.html
Tchoy, I beleive HE Box has a number of heavy melton options.
That's interesting.  The length here looks similar to that of your standard pea coat based on the relationship between jacket and sleeve length.  I'd be curious to hear what makes this a bridge coat.