or Connect

Posts by burghler

From the Museum Calf Appreciation Thread - Quote from CAPO24, Written by Micael Magnusson.“John Lobbs vision resulted with them liaising with tannery Ilcea to create a cloudy looking leather with a soft tanned background and a darker front base. The desired look is made through a sponging treatment right after the leather is up from the aniline bath – not even allowing it to dry up. This treatment makes the color go all the way through the leather and not just staying on...
 http://www.styleforum.net/t/259640/3-roll-2-5-with-peaked-lapels/30#post_4734297 Starting at the post above, this thread has a bit of discussion regarding 3 roll 2 vs. 3 roll 2.5 with Manton, Despos, and Sator all contributing.   Quote from Despos: Where the lapel roll ends in relation to the buttons is totally controlled and set by how you baste the undercollar. The bridle and how you trim the chest piece follow the breakline and reinforce the roll but do not contribute...
^I'd have gone with a different square.  It seems too close in tone to the jacket, almost blending in.  I tend to default to white linen but that might not be optimal with this.  Is the tie wool?  Maybe something like the Rubinacci Victory square (pic from Derek's tumblr)  
3 pair of gloves (unlined, lined, lambswool) cordovan sneakers pea coat DB navy suit couple rollneck sweaters a few lambswool crewnecks EG FW14 shawl collar knit jacket
 Just curious, what do you think makes it more wearable than the Lewis Leathers version?  Better leather, updated fit, or something else?  It looks to be almost the exact same design as the Lightning except the sleeve zips and chest patch. I'm not personally a fan of this design but respect that you and many others are.
^  Strange comment and first post - you really can't think of another plausible explanation?
 I'm not Mike but Chuck's run 1/2 size large typically.  That's the common advice and fits with my experience.  So if you are using that as a basis for determining your size, a Brannock 10D would take 9.5.  I'm a US 10 and that's what I did. The comparison to Chucks is somewhat contradictory while saying they are true to size, but the fit on sneakers doesn't have to be as exact as dress shoes IMO.
Cognac and Oxblood ordered .  Was trying for Cigar but it wasn't showing - guess that means it sold out for real this time.  
Or you could order swatches to avoid feeling like you wasted your money