or Connect

Posts by wdahab

Oh, I didn't mean it as a compromise. I meant it as "so you just don't get to wear Vibergs because they don't fit your feet." I had to come to that realization with Red Wing 875s, which I adore, but are much too narrow for my foot. If the width/length doesn't work then you don't buy the boot. Far too many people *do* compromise, unfortunately.
Yeah, that's just way too little space, generally, especially with the 2030. Unless you have a super narrow foot with super long toes, your toes would have to be absolutely cramped, and pressed inward on both sides. I mean, people go back and forth on this all the time, but if you want to be happy and have pain free feet, and toes that properly point straight forward, you just have to ignore the concept of "too much toe room" and concentrate on width and flex box length....
Sorry to hear this, that sucks. But yeah, the flex point is the most important part, and toe room is a distant secondary factor, if at all. A half-inch isn't very much room at all in front of your toes in a pair of boots. An inch is about what you should be aiming for, give or take some depending on where your foot falls in the boots. For toe room it's more important to make sure that none of your toes are being redirected by the front or sides of the boots.The good news...
You pay customs on the product's place of construction, not the store it was shipped from. If the boots had been made in the UK, you'd get to avoid VAT but you'd be hit with customs on importing them. Since the boots are made in Canada, they are duty free, regardless of their roundabout way of getting to you in the States.That said, this is a third example of their boondocker roughouts, all with leather soles (only switching up the last). You'd think that they'd do a...
Did you check with Gustin? They'll swap sizes if they have one in stock, or give you a credit if you want to return it.
If the ball of your foot hits right after the arch, then you're a hair on the small side, and sizing up a half size is the more suitable option if you want to try for a better fit, rather than size down, especially if you're finding that your toes are banging into the front of the boot and hurting. Many people incorrectly think that their foot sliding forward in the boot is due to too much toe room, but it's actually due to that improper fit, as your the bending boot...
Tifosi is right, the foot of the boot is the primary concern, along with making sure you have *enough* toe room. If you have a thumbs width, then you're already on the smaller end of where you should be sizing your boot, certainly not considering going smaller. With boots, two things are absolutely critical: You want the flex point to be in the right spot, and you want enough toe room so that your toes don't constantly bang against the boot. There's really no such thing...
I just spent this evening gardening/weeding in my Rancourt natty shell beefrolls (it's not really boot temperatures anymore), and they came in covered in mud, grit and scratched to fuck all. Gave 'em a quick brushing and some VSC and they look brand new. So, yeah, I'm fairly okay with getting my shells nice and fucked up, that's why I buy shell in the first place. Anyone who says its not suited to actual rough conditions just has never seen just how perfectly suited shell...
Yeah, they were bought back when they had a 20% off sale last year to encourage orders on their custom configurator, and before shell prices rose. A lot of the guys here got some really great makeups (some of the guys got wild makeups). That was the first sale that Rancourt has ever had, and by far the best. Aa few months later they had a 10% off sale around Thanksgiving, and I think that's the last one they've had.
From Rancourt directly #8 Shell Rangers $460 Natural Shell Beefrolls $460 Brown CXL Rangers $225 #8 CXL 3-eyelet Boat Shoes $225 = $1370 Steven Alan x Rancourt peanut suede chukkas $80 Ralph Lauren x Rancourt orange suede rangers $110 Wearing the newly sewn natty shell beefrolls today, in fact.