or Connect

Posts by wdahab

A couple weeks ago I bought Essex boat shoes from Rancourt, and Chromepak Maliseets (their version of ranger mocs) from Quoddy. So, I guess my point is you should buy... both?
I've had no UPS bill sent to me for my Frans Boone order, delivered about a month ago now. The customs sheet Frans Boone sent was explicitly a "return of US made goods to USA" form, so I have the affidavit on their part if UPS did hit me up for it. If I was gonna get dinged, I think I would have by now.
Think you missed just a little bit of the conversation there. Nano/defender/anykind of protection isn't coming anywhere near these bad boys. They're actually a bit browner now, after playing in the backyard of my office with my dogs this afternoon.
There are two ways to wear white bucks: you either try to keep them white and nice, or you beat the living crap out of them. Both are fine, but you've just got to commit one way or the other. I bought these knowing I'd be beating the crap out of them. If you want them to stay pristine, wearing them gardening, doing lawn work, or with raw denim is definitely not recommended.
Spring is solidly here, wearing my Alden of Madison not-yet-dirty-enough bucks today. Today's stains are brought to you by rusted-chain grease/water from an old bike I needed to throw out.
Those were, once upon a time, mine. They have a couple of stitching flaws, but gorgeous. I sent them back, though, because I just didn't love them enough to keep with the flaws. At a lower seconds price they'd be great.
All clean!
Oh for sure tons of salt stains with mud on top. They get cleaned and lightly conditioned every couple of weeks, but they look best after a nice amount of mess which we've had plenty of up here in the northeast. They were promptly wet wiped after these photos, and will get conditioned later, after they've dried.
Uploaded new photos to my 14oz Berlin makeup natty shell progression album this afternoon. This is after a full winter of wearing them probably 3-4 days a week, in a lot of foul weather. Imgur Album. The first 9 photos are the most recent. Here are the money shots:
So I ran out and rechecked my sizing and decided that I actually like the fit of a 10.5D Barrie boot better than a 10D. Which means the Frans Boone #8 pt boot on crepe all brass eyelets is on its way to me. Saved another $15 in exchange rates too for the delay. I have to believe that there will be a price change in the future. These are coming to me, shipped for $690 more or less. Asked for a quick quality check and was told the clerk would send me the pair he would want...