or Connect

Posts by wdahab

So, I have good and bad news... it looks like despite my vote (and $20 lost) I am out on the Hopper. Someone seems to have purchased the pair of the viberg.com size 10 CXL engineers, using my credit card and shipped them to me. Not sure who that could have been. Honestly, I was also a bit nervous on the sizing and getting from viberg.com affords me a bit of sizing insurance, as I can send them back if they don't fit. I also just decided that I actually preferred the CXL,...
When I talked with Viberg about sizing on the 2005 (when I was contemplating the brown cxl makeup) they suggested I go with a 10 on the 2005, compared to a borderline 10/10.5 on the unstructured 2030 for me. The lack of structure will allow for stretching in the leather, and because there isn't much to tighten down the shoe, it's important to have a snug fit. Ended up not going with that brown CXL (even though it's in my size) because I sort of thought that the CXl wasn't...
Definitely never been resoled, definitely always an unstructured toe. I think you may be confused because the pictures go in reverse chronological order.
Unstructured
What's the weight on the Tobacco Chamois? I know it's a rugged leather, but is it a thicker or thinner leather?
Ah, thanks. I knew they did it at some point, and thought maybe it coincided with the European holiday. (For those who haven't experienced this, most of Europe takes August off, as literally as that can be taken).
Is this going to be the GMTO period that has to wait while Viberg shuts down for a few months? Or will we get these boots made before that happens?
Hopper vote cast!
Since we can't modify patterns, I think it was pointed out that the IH collab didn't have as deep a gusset, which is a big selling point for those of us with real chicken legs. Switching to the 9" and a shallower gusset *might* work for me, but I'm sold on the 8" and deep gusset.
Awesome. FWIW I'm in support of the Hopper having a partial structured toe. I will go either way, but my big toe is prominent and a little bit of structure will go a long way at avoiding having a big 'ol imprint on the top of the boot.