or Connect

Posts by Irish

A perfect spring/summer sweater by Inis Meain.  Mixed stich linen in pure white with beautiful texture.  Off-white buttons at the shoulder.  Ribbed collar, cuffs, and hem.  Made in Ireland.  Full retail is $475.   Brand new with tags.  Mint condition, never worn.  Size XL.  Approx. 22.5" pit to pit, 26" back length (top collar to hem).     $165 Shipped (US)
Like new, never worn. $325 retail. Great looking puffer vest from Gant/Michael Bastian Autumn 2013 collection.  I'm a Lg (41/42) and this fits well.  Or more relaxed fit on 40.   Deep burgundy body with contrasting corduroy covering the collar and yokes.  Warm down fill (90% down, 10% feathers).     26" length, 22" across Front snap closure 2 Snap-flap chest pockets 2 Corduroy-lined front hand warmer pockets 1 Interior pocket Logo-embroidered locker loop. Down...
A classic Fair Isle sweater from PRL in luxurious, thick lambswool.    You have to feel this to appreciate it.  Exceptional quality. Retail was $250+.  I bought it from PRL in early 2014 but have only worn it 1 or 2 times.   No holes, stains, snags, etc.  No pilling.  Fits true to size.  Ribbed elastic hem provides great shape.  74% Lambswool, 16% Wool, 10% Merino Measures: 22.5" pit to pit, 26" back (top of collar to hem)   $60 shipped (US)
Retail $165.  For sale is a brand new pair of Bill's Khakis M2 Flat Front in Camel, Size 35, Unhemmed.  I bought them last month for my dad, but they didn't fit and they were final sale.  So now I'm just selling them for what I paid--a great price.    Bill's Khakis M2 Flat Front Chamois Cloth, 100% Cotton made in USA.    $55 SHIPPED (US).  Price is firm.  Thanks.
I'm a perfect 11.5 D in Leydon and a perfect 11 C in Trubalance (Indy) 
Digging that slate blue IM.  I think I'll have to pick that up.  Now just need a boat to complete the look.   
Woolrich John Rich & Bros Travel Jacket Khaki, L -- Retail $395   For sale is an incredibly cool top-quality travel jacket from Woolrich John Rich & Bros.  Purchased a couple years ago.  I've worn it 2-3 times. It is in mint condition.  I just don't get enough use out of it to keep it around.      Crafted from durable water-resistant nylon and includes details you'd expect from Woolrich.   Size L, fits true to size (22.5 pit to pit, 29" bottom collar to hem)Stand...
Does the MacNeil brown grain look out of place with a suit?  I love the versatility--especially for lousy weather days--but I'm thinking the grain plus the Dainite leans too casual for a business suit.  
Personally I wouldn't go unconstructed w/ that Reda if you want to wear it as a suit.  It just doesn't seem like that casual of a fabric, and I like Southwick's natural shoulder.   I'd also swap out the dressy MOP for brown or black horn.  That'll make it more useful as a separate.  
 It can definitely work with patch hip pockets. It's just about how you want to wear it and how much you like the look.  If you're wearing it mostly as an odd jacket, go patch.  I plan to wear it more as a suit--and in a rather conservative office--plus I'm not a fan of patch pocket suits.  So flaps it is...  I think.   Brown horn buttons work well regardless.  A good choice.