or Connect

Posts by pelicanese

fucked up formatting free of charge 
[[SPOILER]]  
  Was hoping to avoid sending in (also because I'm not sure if I need a whole new sole or just a heel replacement) but figured it was inevitable.   I'm thinking Dainite on a pair of #8 PTBs & a pair of walnut captoes. Their website is rough, but the SF approval goes a long way. Thanks!
  The straps & handle etc. (shown here: http://www.carryology.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Tanner-Goods-Wilderness-Rucksack-660x390.jpg) look sick, & I really love the idea of getting a natural canvas bag (I got an Archival ruck in black & keep wishing I'd gone with a lighter color to show more wear). And Tanner makes excellent stuff (I work 2 blocks from their PDX retailer).   That said, I don't like the action on rucksacks lately -- too much time to open & close, IMO,...
Sorry in advance for this n00b question guys.    By the way, is there any way to do a decent search on SF? Search StyleForum gives me forum results, like this one for example, which has 3400 pages of content with no way that I can figure out to search within. There's such a stupid-amazing wealth of information here, but it's been really difficult for me to access & seems to keep new folks asking the same basic questions over & over again.   Anyway, it may be...
Oh hey, didn't even know this thread existed. Right now I live in "inner" SE, but really close to Powell. Recent employment in the Pearl, however, has been making me think about moving to a place in the alphabet.
I'm having trouble figuring out if we're having a discussion about the pros and cons of (over?)spending on a budget, or relative strengths/weaknesses of the item itself. I respected & replied honestly (& in great detail) to hoodyear's critique because I found it absolutely on-point, but just as equally as he doesn't know what my style is like, I don't know your version of "something worth spending your money on."   It might come down to a difference in philosophies:...
  What is it "about"?
  Yeah, I dig. Context is everything. Somebody said that & I believe it, so let me fill y'all in. I'm not fresh off the boat, I've lurked here some, & read a suspect amount of style blogs since those became a thing. But even though I've lurked I haven't used a forum in a long time, so (sorry) I didn't introduce myself in the appropriate thread.   As a younger student (25ish), I wore a tie almost every day & attempted my own versions classic menswear fits that, in...
Thanks SP, if everyone is as welcoming as you it'll be awesome!   Now what do we think about that shirt??