or Connect

Posts by TheSuit

Just received my first belt, really impressed with it! It just feels like a quality product that is going to last a long time. Just one thing I find a bit odd (not in a bad way) - When smelling the belt, it almost smells like an apple. Am I just crazy or have anyone else had this experience?    To sum up: Couldn't be happier with the belt! I got a nickel west end in australian nut.
Sounds like I have to try it out! What stiffness do you recommend for the collar and cuffs, regular or soft?
Those look great! How is the quality compared to Barba? 
Thanks for the help! 
Hi, I need a tie for an interview (law firm), what would you guys suggest? I have a navy suit and planning on wearing a white shirt.    Would this tie be a good option? http://www.drakes-london.com/ties/woven/woven-fine-rib-reppe-solid-silk-8cm-tie   One last thing, why does Drake's only sell white linen PS in a box of three? Why would you want three white PS?
Casual, really? It's the model Hallam which is a captoe oxford shoe, I intend on using the shoes when wearing a suit. It would be nice with the rubber sole since the weather here in Sweden can be pretty bad. But now I might have to reconsider...
I'm about to order a pair of C&J in black waxed calf...Is there anything special I need to think about when polishing waxed calf? Is it still possible to achieve a mirror shine?
Thanks! Well I first applied 3 layers of shoe cream using small circular motions with a damp cotton cloth, switching shoe between every layer. Use more water if needed. This takes around 30 min per shoe. After this is done the shoes should look nice and shiny. Then switch to a shoe polish and apply using the same technique 1-2 more layers. Use more water on these last layers and focus on parts that are visible when wearing the shoes. After using the polish you should...
My first pair of good quality dress shoes (sorry for the laces showing)! Fits like a glove ;) First polish took a while but I'm pretty pleased with the result.     
Thanks!