or Connect

Posts by Sunstealer73

The Walnut Strands I just bought are burnished on the toe and heel in a darker color. They look great, but I think the older ones were the same color everywhere.
It's so the corner doesn't catch your pants as you're walking.
My Oak Street brother today:Color is off in that shot, my pants are olive and the carpet is a dark hunter green. I think your colors look fine together. I normally wear mine with olive or jeans. I'd like to get them in the brown kudu too.
 If the flap is still there (looks like it), I've used Super Glue before.
I know the MTO program is gone, but they do still offer some customization. Is there a list or guide to what's available? For example, would they do a #8 Leeds with brown welt and edge for a more casual look? Similar to the Alden Dover for example.
Patrick McManus, who wrote for Field & Stream, had a theory on how to bring new guns into the house. At a certain point, instead of your wife knowing that you have 6, or 8, or 10 guns, they just become "all those guns". When you get to that point, you can just bring them in anytime and not be noticed. He even had an expandable cabinet so there were always the same number of empty slots. I think that same theory would be applicable for shoes as well!
 Joseph Kirk of http://www.azfinetime.com/ is great.  Call or e-mail him.
That Union would be killer in Burgundy with leather sole and natural welt/edge. No idea what they were thinking with that sole.
 My rough MacNeil's do the same thing.  I just condition them heavy with Bick4 when they start looking dry.
Someone earlier mentioned problems with the Wide Basic belt. I have it in Walnut (way lighter than their Walnut shoes, matches Natural CXL), Brown, and Merlot. The Brown and Merlot seem fine, other than looking nearly identical. The Walnut is cracking bad though. I've only worn it probably 20 times. Is that a common problem with them?