or Connect

Posts by smokeyfan1000

I found something interesteing while doing research on the 1928 Thompson Submachine Gun. Click on link below, look in column on right. Click on  General Thompson, and read the 3rd paragraph from the bottom of the page.  I've also qouted it below.the link.     >http://www.nfatoys.com/tsmg/        
Not my webpage,.. I found it online. I googled it.
INteresting read here...........http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/9mm%20vs%2045.htm
          Please read this., it is what I was referring to.....................http://www.chuckhawks.com/handgun_power_chart.htm   Notice the larger caliber with the slower F/S bullets have more ft/lb of force   And.... foot-pound 1. A unit of work equal to the work or energy needed to lift a one-pound weight a distance of one foot against the force of the Earth's gravity. One foot pound is equivalent to 1.3558 joules. 2. A unit of torque equal...
Sorry, but the larger/more mass bullet & slower the bullet travels,  the more ft/lb of force it'll apply to the target. Yep, I checked my Ammo Bible on this .  .44 & 41 mag are two of the handguns that have the most ft/lb behind the bullet, and travel the slowest of most all other handgun bullets , with .45 trailing 3rd on the list IIRC.   And why I prefer large caliber guns, if ya don't get a 'kill" shot in the target is still wounded & badly.
Also keep in mind that the longer the barrel, the more accurate the pistol will be.  I used to have a  Rossi snub nose .38 that you could aim & miss most every time.Even at close range. It was only good for point blank IMO  LOL   For accuracy, I would rely on a long barrel .41 , .44 or 45 caliber Western style revolver.   For easy concealed carry I would go with a Lady Smith in 9mm. It's a 9mm on a much smaller frame than the "men's" version
Sorry, but if I'm going to someday need it for personal & home protection, I want a caliber that's going to stop them from getting back up.  If he can get back up, he may still be able to harm  someone.   The reason Police went from 38 Special to 40 cal is they were seeing perpertrators getting up and running away away being shot 2-4 times with a 38.   That's why I'd refer a .45 cal.  He's not likely to get up, let alone run away.  I don't want to kill anyone,...
Hello, I'm a newbie here on this forum.   I've been looking to purchase some lack & white spectator shoes like the ones pictured below.    I've looked at Florsheim, Allan Edmonds, and a few others.      The Barker Black Spectators are @ $925.00. And are quite a bit out of what I care to spend at this time.   I'm looking at the 250-300 dollar range of spectator shoes..   I  found these   Charles Tyrwhitt Black & White Spectator Shoes and this is...
Barker Black Spectators are @ $925.00. Quite a bit out of my intended price range   I did find  Charles Tyrwhitt Black & White Spectator Shoes. At  estimated USD sum of $234.00.   Thats within the range I'm willing to pay   Does anyone know if this brand is a well made, long lasting shoe? Anyone have a pair? Any reviews on them?   I'm wondering because I was linked to ebay where they are being sold. Link & pic...