or Connect

Posts by dinowhite

This style seems to be fashionable now Dunhill is selling a model likethat made in italy
I would find that amazing too, if nothing else because as far as i am aware the price points have not changed   As some of you may know Zara is the main brand of a huge Spanish group called Inditex. The group has cheaper/sportier brands and a more expensive one called Massimo Dutti.   In countries like Spain and Portugal Zara started off as cheap and cheerful and is still seen that way. In England for example it came in later and could positioned itself a little...
I think they are trying to really ramp up sales via the factory. They moved the factory shop around inside their site and the email i got says:   To celebrate the opening of our new factory shop we have a special sale this weekend.   We have a great selection of odds and seconds with a flat 20% reduction on our normal factory shop prices.   Our factory shop has been redeveloped in a larger space, offering a better range than before. Shoes will normally be...
Well I love to hunt for potential bargains so I am planning to attend   I am considering offering proxy services (up to a few pairs) if there is enough interest.   However, not having performed this role before I am unsure about the usual "terms and conditions", so hopefully more experienced members can help out.   I wonder for example whether it would be expected that the 'client' put down a deposit -naturally fully refundable if the agreed shoes and or...
Just last week I sold a pair of the exact same model in the same condition but one size smaller here in SF   This week it is time for those fitting a  9.5UK/10US on the 888 last to get the same great offer, i.e, £399 + shipping fees (from the UK)  + any paypal fees, gets you a classic pair of EGs, reminiscent of the Gladstone model,  (see here done in Top Drawer standards...
this thread is mostly useless due to the fact that there is no real systematic attempt to define what is being compared (I understand why as it would be several paragraphs long)   if you think of a scale of 1-20 for RTW shoes then RL and ferragamo have entries in say the  8-17/19 range   17/18 being the nicest edward greens + gaziano & girling (note: i am not simply saying G&G is 18 and EG is 17-G&G is overrated afaic) sold by RL and 19 being the Tramezza Limited...
Brand New In Box 8.5 UK/ 9 US in what is EG's most popular last (E 888)   Classic shoe, reminiscent of the Gladstone model,  (see here done in Top Drawer standards http://leathersoulhawaii.com/2009/12/20/edward-green-top-drawer-gladstone/)   It comes with the RLPL box   This pair resides in the UK. Buyer pays for shipping fees and paypal fees   Great price for a great pair of shoes   Sole dimensions : 11.75 inches long / 4.0 inches at its widest / 2.5...
While I am not privy to C&J strategy it is quite stunning how fast they have recently increased the number of retail outlets in London. Until a few years ago as far as I know they had two shops in the Jermyn Street area and one in the city. All of them pretty small. Then a couple of years they opened a much larger shop in Jermyn Street (there are now three in a 250 m radius) and recently another 'large' shop near Harrods.   They seem to be doing something right in...
I suspect that this will be frowned upon by some since I am offering a pair of "BNIB middle of the road EG shoes in B&S" myself, but as a first time seller I am honestly interested on the answer and I think it is probably interesting to a wide audience to mix up a subject that is of interest to both MC and BS constituencies   Note that I am not talking about the most popular models or the least popular models. I am interested in something like the black penny loafers...
The JLP factory shop has a special offer on St Crepins from several years (£550-£600 with trees). I was surprised that in many years the shoes are far from being good looking (to my taste at least). And there is nothing that compares to a Jermyn II/III or Chapel