or Connect

Posts by turkoftheplains

I'm drinking margaritas, served fifties-style.
More concentrated in all ways (abv, sweetness, bitterness.) As @B1ossaid, it's mainly the sweetness that's a problem in this context.
I tend to use it more like an orange liqueur than an amaro.
For the past few years now, I've resorted to high-rye mashbill bourbon(bonded Old Grand-Dad specifically) as my go to mixing "rye." There's not much of sufficient proof and quality (unless you love MGP rye, I guess) for me to use as a standard cocktail rye.
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate the wisdom of a pro, especially one of your calibre. I'm not completely decided on the details yet (and I'd be delighted for inspiration if anyone has particularly nice tweed DB overcoat makeups.) I'll inquire with the maker, and err on the side of more.
Kill it with fire.Kill it with fire.
I'm still hoping the dilettantes--and the parasitic secondary market they helped create--will eventually move on to the next thing and leave the brown to us. If this happy event occurs, it will probably have the added benefit of precipitating a "craft"/MGP-rebrand mass extinction. In the mean time I'll just settle for something, anything that's obtainable, whiskey, American, and over ten years old.
Forgive the basic question (I've never done an overcoat makeup before): roughly how many meters of liability are needed for a DB tweed overcoat?
PSA: Old Black Maple Hill was overrated but tasted reasonably good. New Black Maple Hill is underaged shit. It's also not bourbon.   Has there ever been a bottle redesign that coincided with something good happening to the contents? Consider: -new Rittenhouse = different juice, much higher price -any number of age statement removals -historical:  
Punt e Mes shines in Negronis generally.Agree about the choice of a good honest London dry for Negronis. I also like to overweight the gin a bit (1.5:1:1 or so.) I don't care for Antica in my Negronis generally (punt e Mes is a different story.) Cocchi Torino is my workhorse vermouth and it does work nicely in a Negronis with an old school London dry. In a boulevardier, it's the clear winner although Antica also works well.