or Connect

Posts by turkoftheplains

I somehow fabricated an entire ingredient from whole cloth (and then persisted with it.) It was just a CR2, no Luxardo anything in it other than a cherry. Wow.I have enjoyed the discussion my stupidity produced, so I guess it was worth it?
I like a good superfluous X in my maraschino.
I made my first corpse reviver #2 in 2 years or more.--Beefeater, Cocchi, Cointreau, Luxardo, Vieux Carré Absinthe. It holds up.
Boy, they sure fancied up the label on that Weller 12.
Next purchase: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Traditional-Fit-Button-Down-Collar-Dress-Shirt/001E,default,pd.html Sales occur twice a year and it's not unusual for someone here to be selling them at a discount.
Thinking about the hign failure rate of impromptu cocktails reminded me of this old eGullet post by Toby Maloney of the Violet Hour about process, specifically about old fashioned variations:
Seersucker sears sucker, seersucker see-er/sucker seeks succor.
This just in: seersucker suit actually made of seersucker.
1:2 gin:vermouth? Old school, I like it. Old Tom is great (especially Ransom), and I sometimes pick it over genever when I don't want such a strong grain note. I've not had the martini gran lusso.Adam elmegirab's Boker's Bittters kill in a Martinez.
I don't disagree with any of this, and I definitely agree that on average an obscure favorite (or a current work in progress) is more successful than an impromptu creation. I just think that a bar can succeed on the strength of its menu or it's bartenders-- the best bars will of course do both.