or Connect

Posts by Septimus

Yes.  The SA will be happy to get you shoes ordered form another location.  And I believe the SA still gets full "credit" or commission, or whatever, so your "rapport" will be well-served.
Oh no. A pair of burgundy she'll daltons in my size has shown up in the shoebank. Talk me out of it, please! (Sizing won't work, maybe?).
I'm not sure of the cause, but my brogue suede strand seconds are narrow, too. Im keeping them and thinking they'll stretch. They're pretty soft.
I just pulled the trigger on a pair at that price. I'm hopeful! (If your're a 10D, there's one pair left!)
I'm kind of in the same position - looking at both the Moras and suede.  I don't think there's a lot of overlap between their uses, I'm afraid.  I guess you could probably dress down bourbon Moras more easily than you could dress up suede wingtips (particularly those with the light welt).
If I'm usually a 10D or 9.5E on the 5 Last, what do people recommend for the 8 Last, particularly for the Mora 2.0?       (Or do I forget the Mora and just get some brogue suede Strands? (for totally different uses, of course...))
Mora 2.0 vs. Neuroma? Thoughts?
So what's the official word (or consistent past practice) about Shoebank seconds when the RDA begins?  Are they similarly discounted?  Is that 15% across the board, or does it vary?
Any thoughts on black cordovan Leeds?   How useful do people think they would be?  Too casual for suits, but good for denim?  (Or, do people find them sleek enough to for suits?)  How about in-between?   And, too fragile for rain or not?     And finally, sizing compared to strands/PAs/etc. on the 5-last?  (I'm right in the middle of the pack, size-wise.  10D, nothing unusual.)   EDIT:  Looks like the black leeds I had my eye on are not actually seconds, so not on...
Anyone know when the shoebank site updates? They have a note up saying it is only once daily, but they don't say when. I don't want to keep refreshing all day, but the prospect of a bunch of new shell being put up makes that tempting.