or Connect

Posts by carsnoceans

How much does Mr Fields charge (ballpark idea)?   I am new to bespoke and just getting a ballpark idea on what it may cost. My second choice is Vaish at Rivoli (New Delhi, India). Since my parents live there I could get my measurements done on the next trip if cost factor makes it worth it. 
I am looking for a pair of New Orleans black and Mcallister in walnut. What would be a good place to buy them for anything less than retail?? I have been scouring the internet and the past threads for several days but it seems only few selected models go on sale.   Is AE definitely worth spending $335/pair? I have never bought AE's (or shoes that expensive).... so on the edge about paying so much for a single pair.
  You make a lot of sense good sir. Now here is the thing... last year, I dropped over 50lbs being involved in sports and races. I was nowhere near a "trim look" but I was well on the way. Then, I had a sports accident that rendered me useless for months. No workout routine, dietary disruption etc... a lot of the weight came back quickly.   I am trying to achieve the optimal weight again but I don't want to dress like a slob until then. I don't plan on going out buying...
Last few years, I have been an avid shopper at DSWs, living on $50-70 DSW bargains for work shoes including "dress shoes". These included casual loafers, plain & boring Ecco's and giant square toes by Kenneth Cole (Yes, that bad ).    Frequenting SF, I have learned that Allen Edmonds is a shoe brand that holds its worth and is a good investment in appearance and comfort. My needs are to find atleast 1 black and 1 brown pair(s) that can go business casual or suit/tie....
Last few years, I have been an avid shopper at DSWs, living on $50-70 DSW bargains for work shoes including "dress shoes". These included casual loafers, plain & boring Ecco's and giant square toes by Kenneth Cole (Yes, that bad ).    Frequenting SF, I have learned that Allen Edmonds is a shoe brand that holds its worth and is a good investment in appearance and comfort. My needs are to find atleast 1 black and 1 brown pair(s) that can go business casual or suit/tie....
For my first post on StyleForum, I will start with a quick intro/disclaimer and a thankyou note.    Disclaimer - I am somewhat of an illiterate to nice dressing. Despite of my high profile profession/industry, I never deeply cared about my dressing sense or keeping an impressive appearance. Now being in early 30's, I recently went through an epiphany of sort and making an effort on my appearance (in more than one ways). Hopefully the style guru's can teach me how to...