or Connect

Posts by PapaRubbery

I can only agree
 http://www.waitbutwhy.com/2013/09/why-generation-y-yuppies-are-unhappy.html Great great article. JM - my fiancee is a final year JD student. Half her course are getting JD's (paid for by their employer) as a CV boosting exercise to help them reach management positions (because lord knows what makes a good boss is another Uni degree, not any form of competence!), and the other half actually *want* to practice law.  Also getting a LLB/JD from a second rate Uni with a law...
 Maybe it's this particular clan I'm marrying into, but the customs I described are exhibited by all.   Well if the wedding couple receive the gifts, and the father of the bride pays for it all ... hmm ... this could be quite a money spinner!  (I kid I kid!)  So I'm finding that with 100 guests there's about 20 friends, and about 80 family/'family' (see: odd scottish 'uncle and aunty' thing in previous post), and one or two places left for brown-nosing, if required in the...
 Youthful beyond your years!
 Fuck oath, I'll say! The other half has booked us in for a 'stationary consultation'. What the actual fuck. Bespoke invitations!Also, went to High Street Armadale to see some wedding registry company - they explained the business model to me, and I just rofl'ed the whole time. Near impossible to keep a straight face when the mark ups are so unashamedly blatant. Putting Wedding in front of your product name, and double the price. Maybe I should be a Wedding Consultant - my...
I'm getting married in late 2015, and my fiancee is crazily-well organised, right down to fonts for name cards, etc etc   $36k is huge, but I can see how the figure gets there though:   $150/head inc grog for 100 guests is $15k. Add in a good suit, a nice dress, accessories, and you're up $3k each for clothing ($21k thus far); throw in flowers (NFI but I know its lots), photographer ($2-$3k), transport, clothes for groomsmen/bridesmaids, wedding bands, etc, and you're...
Just ensure her father is a traditionalist and you'll never pay a cent.
 This makes so much sense now. I've been wearing my t shirts OVER my shirts all these years!
 I'm going to regret asking is.  But if you went ahead with this, what would be the cost? 
Cheers JM and sliq! She's been volunteering at Legal Aid for the last 2 years 1 day/week, and did a 5 week stint in Darwin full time for Legal Aid (Family) and absolutely loved it.    One of her subjects this year is a day a week at a local Legal Aid, and she's keen as mustard to pursue the family law legal aid approach.    So she's definitely not thinking about sitting the bar any time soon, but it's just more knowing if she should be pursuing various options,...