or Connect

Posts by PapaRubbery

Not a honeymoon, but going to the US for a month in Dec, and thinking of locking in $2-3k for everyday expenses. Everything else has already been paid for. PS: Back from China, no buttrape - but amazing Ring Jacket, and Nelson at Ascot Chang is making a few minor adjustments on my shirt and then will post back. No pictures yet I'm afraid. 
Glad you all liked the story! Thanks for all the thumbs and kind words. I don't know about the rest of you, but I gain utility reading about others sweet kops.    Now at HKG waiting for a flight to the mainland for work. 36 hours of fun in hong kong - followed by a week of talking shit - then back to Hong Kong for about 9 hours to wrap it all up.    Will try and post pictures if I can get through the Honourable Great Firewall of PRC, otherwise this is all a tease until...
Checking in from Hong Kong, gents.    Lordy lordy lordy.  I should not be left alone to do a #menswear holiday again.   Balled on up on the QF127 in the pointy end; got waaaay too drunk. Stumbled off plane, managed to walk to the hotel, fell asleep.    Woke up this morning, Airport Express to Hong Kong, took the ferry ($2HKD - cheers fxh and co for recommending), walked into the Peninsula Hotel and did a double take. Most opulent of locales for Mr Chang to be...
@iSurg and whoever else is on the Ascot Chang bandwagon.  I emailed re fitting - yep no problems, can have another fitting sometime after 3 days since the first. Minimum order is three shirts, but get the fit nailed on one before expanding to others?   My understanding is that iSurg you bought just one?  If so, have I just exposed myself to a $450+ liability here?    No problems if that's the case - just wanting to know if there is a precedence for the solo shirt,...
 Real talk - can he get a res at Dorsia at say 8, for two?
 Being refered to as a mad c___ is the highest praise one can bestow upon another   On topic - thanks for the recommendations JM, iSurg and others, I'll take it onboard and have a good walk around! Last HK trip was pre-sartorial euphoria, so it will be good to revisit. It's looking to be hot and humid, so seersucker shorts, linen shirt and loafers it'll have to be.  Quite looking forward to it all, tbh. Who knew #menswear stopovers could be such fun! Pics to follow. 
   Awwwww shit, The Hoffa just took it to the next level of creepy. 
 Yeah fucken nah, you're alright cunt.  Don't let some flamin' galah get you down bruv. 
 Agreed, Jason. For my next pair I'll go flat fronts (already got 1 pair of flat fronts from them), and then might try a pleated pair, and link to an image of deep, long pleats so they get the picture (lolseewhatididthere?).  Thanks to those about a week ago who recommended Ascot Chang in HK. I'm in HK for 36 hours from Sunday night, and then back in HK for 10 hours tuesday week. I've got myself booked in first thing Monday morning - then on to the michelin star dim sum...
Tbh when my MJA article got airtime, the conversation were the only ones of all the major news outlets, including rupert's rag that actually explained the article accurately.Sure it has a lot of shit in it - but just skip the non-research and non-politics sections.