or Connect

Posts by BobStrauss

Firsts.  Btw ... Keep holding on to those brown shell strands. Do they fit like a 10.5D should? If so, I'll buy them from you around Christmas. 
This question has surely been asked a few times, but I cannot seem to find it on the search function: is the RL Marlow PTB still for sale anywhere? They look amazing in the photos, but I can't find them anywhere online. 
Is there any chance of another AE shell/cordovan sale in the near future? I seem to remember them having one about a year or so ago.    I'd love to get my hands on some Leeds before too long. 
What is the more versatile, non-flashy PTB? The Alden PTB or AE Leeds?
Just to give you some background, I moved to where I live now about a year and a half ago. I have lived abroad in a variety of places the last 7 years, and I have always been able to develop a few close relationships in each place. Therefore, most of my closest friends are overseas, though we still stay in decent contact.   I have a very close friend here I hang out with, though not as much since starting my relationship with my gf six months ago. I have another very...
I've got a question for the forum regulars:   I have always been a very introverted guy (solidly INFJ on the Meyers Briggs scale). However, I'm not helpless socially. I'm well-liked at work, I'm a teacher who maintains good working relationships with adult students and co-workers, and I actively/energetically contribute socially when in very small groups. However, I get uncomfortable, fatigued, and often anxious after a short time in larger settings. I'm beginning to...
I'm just curious, but could I do a McTavish (which is on clearance) MTO with a calf leather upper from a Mcallister/Strand? For instance, a McTavish MTO with merlot calf leather?    Seems like it'd be cheating, as I'd be getting what is essentially a Mcallister shoe at a McTavish clearance price. 
  What are the bottom and top pairs?
  I already own a pair of walnut strands and they fit very well. Like wearing old baseball gloves on my feet. Any bowing with them is very minimal. I think these are just warped/bowed out of the box. Take a look at how they arrived:     This is bad even for a pair of seconds, right?  I'm wondering whether I should try again with a different pair or just bite the bullet and buy some firsts. 
Damn. Second pair of seconds came in, and I'm having fit issues again. Check out the bowing on my suede strands:     The shoes are comfortable and fit well otherwise, but that's pretty extreme, right?