or Connect

Posts by BobStrauss

Right, it's just a small step up from the grass to the deck. I am, however, going to have to put a few railings in near the porch, but nothing significant.    That's my project for next weekend, along with hard-wiring my string lights to an outdoor dimmer switch. 
Thanks. I'd be careful with your plan, though. We tried to do the same thing with our deck, sanding down using a floor/drum sander, grinding the paint off between boards using an angle grinder, and patching in boards that needed to go. Took forever and was quite expensive. In the end it didn't look good, even after using a deck wash and brightener. It's almost impossible to get the old wood to look great, and it's completely impossible to get it to match the fresh stuff....
Finally finished rehabbing my deck last night, finishing up the staining at 1 am.    Went from this:       To this:     Just say NO! To deckover paint and excess railings. 
Should I buy these? I have no chukkas in my wardrobe, FWIW.    TBC Wodehouse Chukka in dark brown for $199:       
    TBC Wodehouse chukka in dark brown?    I can get them on sale for $199. Yay or nay?
My dress code at work is busineses casual, and my shoe arsenal currently looks like this:   AE Strand in Walnut AE McAllister in Bourbon AE Cronmok in Brown AE Strand in Brown Suede   My "go to" shoes are usually the McAllisters and Cronmoks, but now I am being sent on a 6 month assignment to Hanoi, where they might take a beating (rain, most worryingly).    I plan to take those two pairs anyway, but should I buy another pair for the really wet days? I'll be there...
Yeah, I had attic access. Without it I'm sure it's quite a bit trickier.
The LEDs I got, Philips Warm Glow, dim way down. I think it's 3% at the minimum. They're also designed to dim with incandescent-like hues, which they do a pretty accurate job of. They're not perfect but I'd recommend them over incandescent bulbs any day. 
Did a DIY light upgrade for my girlfriend's house. Replaced a builder-grade fan light with six recessed LEDs on a dimmer. Have since done her bedroom as well, along with replacing a few other fixtures.    Electrical isn't too difficult to tackle.    For less than $400 we went from this (paper templates taped up)     to this:  
Do you have any experience ordering from FleshLight.com? I am very interested in one of their products but I can't seem to find any reviews on their express/overnight shipping reliability.