or Connect

Posts by MarshMan114

Anyone have any experience with how measurements should compare?
So I have begun my search for nice suits/SC on a budget and have been sifting through the buying and selling forum.    I have my personal measurements from a Men's Warehouse (my buddy just got married), but I'm not sure how to interpret the numbers. What is the general rule about +/- your exact measurements? If I have a 39.5" chest (I'm guessing and don't actually recall the exact number) and normally wear a 40R; what is the largest I should go?   Unfortunately,...
Are these actually a rose color? Still for sale?
So I purchased a pair of black PA's from Nordstrom during their sale last month and also purchase a pair of Hale Walnut directly from AE on sale. The size was not correct so I mailed them back and was informed they are no longer in production.  AE was very nice and said I could get another pair of shoes up to $335 (even though the ones I bought were $249). I really liked the look of the Hale and wanted some advice on what I should get instead.  These are my first 2...
So I purchased a pair of black PA's from Nordstrom during their sale last month and also purchase a pair of Hale Walnut directly from AE on sale. The size was not correct so I mailed them back and was informed they are no longer in production.  AE was very nice and said I could get another pair of shoes up to $335 (even though the ones I bought were $225). I really liked the look of the Hale and wanted some advice on what I should get instead.  These are my first 2...
Could you also comment on proper circumference of the pant leg at the shoe? Should there be any taper down the leg? I have a few suits off the rack that I feel like I am swimming in with my legs (28 years old, 6'1 and 175lb). I really don't want the skinny jeans look, but I feel like I am an "old man who doesn't know how to shop".    Any rules of thumb on this and the break (asked earlier)?
So I am going to my best friend's rehearsal dinner this weekend and had a quick pocket square question. I will be wearing a black suit (I know I know, never wear black unless it's a funeral. Essentially, I have no other options.) I was going to pull the trigger on a white linen pocket square via Kent Wang, but never got around to it. Because it's this weekend I missed the ability to order online. Due to my complaining, my wife went to Nordstrom and picked up a silk white...
  Thanks for the input. The black PA's will definitely be for more serious attire so these will be paired with slacks and chinos or nice weekend wear more than anything. My workplace is terribly under-dressed as is so it won't draw any unwanted attention. 
  I suppose the next logical question is how would they best be dressed up?   Marsh
So I just purchased my first 2 pairs of AE's; Black Park Ave and Walnut Hale's. So obviously the black PA's are a staple and can be dressed up with just about anything, but what are your opinions on the Walnut Hales? It's definitely a lighter shade of brown so is there anything I should avoid wearing them with? Can they go with a dark navy suit, light grey suit, and dressed down as far as dark denim with a sport coat?