Posts by benhour

I write in this thread for the past 4,5 years! The only reason for that is to help people(not to damage their shoes ) not to promote anything, if my advises and what i suggest works you can read this thread and see (obviously you never took the time to do that  or you would know the answer)!    its not personal attack i just cant tolerate shit storming!!(you would also know that if you havent come in this thread like a meteorite to promote your merchandise) !Believe my i...
i really like this uncommon toe cap brogging decoration!!
  Can you stop shit storming this thread? why you dont have the @@ to say from the beginning that the only reason you came in this thread (member from 2007 with 50 post and none in this thread) is to promote the Boot Black products which you import and sell at your shop? (dont make me upload photos and data i am bored to death doing this thing !!)   Bolded and underlined : shit storming (every shoe cream-conditioner/paste polish/wax polish has a solvent (if you have ever...
       The real need of any kind of treatment comes when the new purchased pair is a new-old stock (as it called) and the pair is stored for more than 2-3 years (even less than one in really hot and dry climates) !! The amount and different kind of products you ll have to use depends on how dried the leather is (not some kind defacto treatment)!!  Generally (because i am sure you are going to ask hahaha) an application with a good conditioner (not more than a pea sized...
Never said you did my friend!! I understood you agreed more or less with my approach to the problem with the CXL!  On S.Cordovan the definitions i found is quit controversial!!  A fine leather originally made of goatskin but now more frequently of split horsehide.(The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language) where others separates the skin from the flat muscle fibrous tissue but most called it leather (maybe from the process? maybe they take it as part of the...
   A really nice video on how shell cordovan is made and shows exactly what part of the hide is used to make the cordovan leather http://vimeo.com/4814754   Its part of animals skin !its a flat muscle type part of the hide if you want to go on veterinary terms but its part of the skin! Even Wikipedia where you copypasted the above definition says its leather !(btw Wikipedia has a lot articles that's false , especially if you see about ancient history (ancient Greek and...
   No , not at all!! Firstly  you suggested applying leather cream (in general and not specifying which one!! there are at least 9-10 good out there but only 2-3 can be used on cxl without any problem at all, Horween itself recommends Saphir Renovateur for their cxl!) 2-3 times at the spot  and  repeat the process one more or two times! That means 6/9 applications which lead to oversaturation 100% and the result will be spot stains!(i have seen it in person on cxl, and it...
   Do you even know what kind of leather cxl is and how its made and treated? Most of the production procedure is close enough to the cordovan leather!! It is double tanned (chrome and vegetable ) and infused with oils, waxes, and greases !!     By doing what you suggested the only thing you achieve is messing up the factory leather finish , over saturating the surface only and probably produce a big scale stain!     If i remember correctly Alden uses Horween cxl ! The...
  When answering to someones question here i have to evaluate : 1) the problem he faces 2) the level of his experience 3)the risk of any solution/recommendation i give to make things worse when its performed by someone not so experienced as me or some other gentlemen in here!   Then i give him the solution i think its the best for all the above aspects!  There is no point giving someone the best solution( according to my perspective always)  when it is quite impossible for...
you can use black polish (paste at first at the "unburnished" area and then some black wax) and it ll be easily covered !