or Connect

Posts by benhour

First of all welcome!   If i am not mistaken this is a current model so there would be no benefit of caking your shoes into conditioners etc! if you want more shine just use a cream polish or a wax (apply really small amount , always a matching dark brown color ) ! judging from the color it would be very difficult to stain them(i think you ll have to try that hahaha)  and from the fact that they have rubber soles i dont think you would have any salt stain from the road!!...
A little bit more color(purplish hahah) for me today!         
As i answered to a prv message,  i am on short vacation and i was out for a coffee-drink with some friends !! A tie would be too formal even for me (generally i dress too formal especially for my country's habits) for a drink with good friends!! yes its a silk scarf !! sorry for the photos i was in a hurry so i did what i could with the phone camera , just wanted to show the combination  not the fit!  i promise i ll make up to with tomorrows combo  
A little input from me too! (first time on this thread )            (the photo of the shoes is a little older but it was the same combination today and forgot to take the shot)
very beautiful pairs Jesper!!! whole cuts aaaaaahhhhh you just spoke to my heart hhahaha    i have seen this brand while i was in Rome last summer and i was about to buy their tassels!! how is the construction? (judging from the pics they look really good)
Glen really good to have you back here after some time my friend!!    According to the question now! Most of the time i use both!    Paste wax for more shine (mirror shine toes-heel  or if i am going for a total spit shine)- to somehow water proof - "wear" proof  soles and to burnish sole edges !   Cream wax more for adding some color -patina on pairs and to cover small scratches and  discoloration marks or at the flexing areas(vamp etc)   For the aspect of...
thank you Travers for your kind words!! i just like to help when i can and be polite(i have lost my temper some times hahah)!! i have learned some things during the past years (the hard way most of the time and my own mostly  ) and i like to help people  and save them time and money (i ruined some really good shoes in the past when i was learning hahah)    true as it gets!  personally i use an old tshirt for applying the wax and a sunglasses cloth for the final buff!
Really happy to see that everything turned very well!! Really happy we helped you 
Mostly Travers i use dubbin at the vamp area (sparingly at the entire shoe , and really really rare at the areas like heel and toe) ! if the shoes doesnt have build ups of polish you wont need to rub just apply it with your fingers at it ll get absorbed quit easily
either way i dont think there will be any harm from what i reccomended and what i would do!! (if you look closely at the first photo at the outer part of the vamp  you can see that the finish is not existing any more  and there is a nap developing (sorry for my english i  try to be as specific as i can) !!  there wont be any problem on raising a shine  if you wont cake them in dubbin!!(always less is more with dubbin) calf leather treated more than 7 times with dubbin :