or Connect

Posts by benhour

Renovateur wouldnt be possible to clean this!! If you have renomat use it (one-two really light passes) to remove old polish and open the pores of the leather! Then use distilled white vinegar (credits to Patrick booth on that) solution :30ml vinegar(pasteurized/distilled)70ml water(preferably distilled )1ml lemon (i found that this helps greasy stains be diluted a lot faster) !!  the other option is to use saddle soap but its quit harsh and then you have to use a lot...
 Probably sir you have never read this thread.......this looks more like (90% i leave 10% out cause you can never be 100% from pictures)  the old polish is cracking (due to contraction during the water evaporation and then expansion due to the shoe trees )  !nothing to serious ! Use a cleaner after they fully dry (light passes without adding any force, just pass the cloth with the cleaner) , then a conditioner and finally a matching color shoe cream and you ll be fine!
Hermes red would give a reddish tone on top off the preexisting tan-light brown!! the mahogany not so much! (generally dont expect to change the color only by using a paste polish )
I cant be 100% sure but from the photos they are looking like to be these : http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/sale-price-desc/products/piccadilly-suede-semi-brogues
I am really happy it turned out really well!! Always happy to help when i can!
thank you!!   Thank you very much cbfn!    Mostly i used renomat to clean old polish (spot cleaning with pure acceton and paint remover to remove the acrylic dye)!! I never let renomat to sit  more than 10-15 sec! luckyly i didnt need to recolor them, only one application of mahogany MDO Saphir paste polish to give a little more depth at the color!!    Now i am thinking recoloring them to burgundy or make a patina like in the photo below!! Any thoughts?          ps. thank...
Thank you!! (and just fixed the links and photos in my post , for an unknown reason everything was a mess) 
Crockett and Jones - handgrade -Marston model!! (xpost from shoecare thread)   Before:                        After i putted my hands on it hahaha:          The cleaning process was a nightmare (old polish-some kind of acrylic dye along the stitching-dye near welt) and took about 4 hours in total !i think it worth all the effort!!!The creasing start to fade away as the conditioner's oils and water evaporates( appear lighter in color in the last...
Very beautiful boots!! love the color
Crockett and Jones - handgrade -Marston model!! Before:    [[SPOILER]]  After i putted my hands on it hahaha:   [[SPOILER]]    The cleaning process was a nightmare (old polish-some kind of acrylic dye along the stitching-dye near welt) and took about 4 hours in total !i think it worth all the effort!!!The creasing start to fade away as the conditioner's oils and water evaporates( appear lighter in color in the last photo witch is one day after the others) and expected to...