Posts by benhour

As far as i can see from the photos  its from renovateur!! it is the bees wax cracking creating the dust effect (more noticeable on scotch grain)!!   For the oil stain you can try a  1/1 distilled white vinegar-water mix and if you cant get rid of it that way then you have to use a soap or a specified cleaner(always condition the shoes after ,especially this one is on the vamp area)
i think you are referring to something like that:
in fact its one of my worst but its ok hahahha! thought thank you for your nice words!
Hahahah ! I never intended to "school" anyone!! I just try to help when i can but thank you for the credits!!Nice photo and love the color!! the pair in the photo its leather is either baby calf or corrected (sanded down or pressed ) its much easier to  mirror than ordinary full grain! You dont need a dedicated product to mirror shine (helps ofcourse)  the technic  you use is the most important factor! whatever product you are using the mirror shine ll come soonner or...
If i am not mistaken brass eyelets produce greenish stains due to the oxidization of brass ! 
this looks mostly like dye/wax coming of the laces !! you can replace the  laces with  acrylic!it wouldn't be something that would bother me!!its on a hidden place
 Some general information ! All tan shoes (especially oiled or wax infused leather) tend to darken with time !! thats why you have to use a slightly lighter colored  paste(cream) /wax polish to preserve the original color! Cxl tend to darken more than ordinary calf leather (due to the oils and waxes infused in the leather and the oils/cream you use to take care of it)! the more product you are going to use on it the darken it ll get due to the polymerization occur to the...
i can assume that you mean meltonian cream! meltonian brand is closed if i am not mistaken!! where is your location? (to see the brands availability in your place)
 1) i kind agree with that! saphir mdo lotion/or saphir cream universal are cheaper in the long run and gives quite the same results as a frequent conditioner (try not overdo it , not more than once every 2weeks and a little amount is enough for the purpose is designed) generally you have to expect less shine if you wont apply polish after(Renovateur has higher wax content than the lotions)! i prefer 1909 cream from Collonil  as a conditioner (its better at my opinion and...
1) he uses dyes worked with airbrush (you can apply it with brush,airbrush ,wool pads ,or cloth depends on the finish you want to achieve) and not polish!! polish is used only by the people who dont have experience with dyes(or they are not sure for the outcome and want to test something) !! The results with creams 99% are much inferior compared to dyes! 2) its not something to protect the leather from anything, always referring to the high grade leather  (its for cosmetic...