or Connect

Posts by Mailand

The material that TEN C uses is easily the best one I had ever seen or held for an outdoor piece. It's similar to Stone Island microfiber but thicker, stronger and more 'velvety' on the touch, but far better than any Stone Island material out there. The rumor I stumbled upon is that this material is being used for Bentley's convertible tops, but I emphasize the word rumor.   Just to get an idea about the effect this material has...
The site has been updated with the list of stores. It seems that some stores are missing from this list, I guess they will complete it once the FGF takes over the distribution.     Italy.   Antonia Excelsior, Galleria del Corso 4, Milano Antonia Piu, Viale Ceccarini 57, Riccione Antonia Uomo, Via Ponte Vetero 1, Milano Barrow, Via S. Felice 32, Bologna Bonvicini Spa, Corso Matteotti 21, Montecatini Terme Eraldo, Via Roma 87, Ceggia Flow, Via...
Broadcast/Television Engineer
I'd go with Common Projects... 
*updated list*     Neumann - Vienna, Austria 14 Oz - Berlin, Germany Magazzino - Berlin, Germany Kentaurus - Cologne, Germany Identita - Dusseldorf, Germany Selected Gallery - Frankfurt, Germany Flow Store - Florence, Italy Antonia - Milan, Italy San Carlo dal 1973 - Turin, Italy Best of Brands / Butcher of Blue - Hoogland, Netherlands Dee Cee - Zurich, Switzerland Bureau - Belfast, UK Union Store - Los Angeles, US
I have successfully dyed quite a few items - sweats, pants, shirts, jackets, sneakers (canvas and suede). The first and most important thing is the garment composition - the best material (and basically the only one) for dying is cotton, and in it's original/natural state. So Ventile, compact cotton, waxed cotton, or any mixture with synthetic won't dye, or at least won't dye well. I had limited success with wool, but it is risky as wool can get distorted, hence...
Yes, sorry, my bad, missed that somehow...   Than the best bet would be second hand Burberry or Aquascutum, maybe even Boss from some sales, shouldn't be over 200 GBP for a nice Boss Orange coat.
If you're looking for more alternative look, check Norwegian Rain coats, they are guaranteed to be waterproof, and they look pretty different than regular trench or Mac coats.
Wouldn't mind more info on Ten C, Mr. Harvey, Mr. Pungetti and their plans...    Cheers,   M.
Unfortunately, Found-NYC Community has ceased to exist about a year and a half ago, tho the database is still there. The majority of the users has migrated to Osti-archive.com and Offhandforum.com.   Stone Island is/was one of my favorite brands until Mr. Paul Harvey left (S/S 2008), and the brand became more commercial and mainstream. From the last seasons I bought only a few knits, but wouldn't even go near the most of the items now. Sizing and quality is all over...