or Connect

Posts by NickJohannessen

Cool idea, thanks! I got myself the book for Xmas, though haven't really looked too much at it. Looks like they have a shop in Covent Garden, that should be fun.
  So far, nothing at all is catching my interest... Oh, apart from the two-tone cricket vest, as previously discussed. That is quirky cool and something I'd like to pick up once prices drop. I've already got 3 Mallorys, so I think I'm ok for that style, although I might like a Tenzing for summer use.   I'm flying to London tomorrow though and will drop by Trunk, and maybe Present, on Friday for a look and feel. I've got a pair of Harris Tweed Bombay pants, an Ink Vest and...
  Nice collection! I have 3 of those, plus 2 Harris Tweed variants.
  You're probably right. Given that they only make about 500 each of Mallorys and Cameramen each season, and that the main share of that goes to Japan, there are a good few that hit the sales. Of course, some of those are like the hideous orange Mallorys that USHOWU has a full range of (...), but even the popular choices normally have a fair selection spread around.   Granted though, for the business model to even enjoy a modicum of success, they must be primarily aiming...
I was watching their raw yellow Cameraman month after month, having seen it in their Liverpool shop last summer. Went to 50% and sat there. Their website always has loads of stock and static prices, even while everyone else is reducing and clearing out stock.   Isn't it a given that to shift NC you need to offer serious discounts? :-)   I've sort of thought this was the business model: Initially offer the garments at insane prices, then offer a decent discount. Everyone...
I can't help but think that if you want to look a total dick, camo jacket and camo shorts makes for a pretty winning combo... But my taste may differ from popular opinion on this!   Also, while I'm bitching about the camo... :-) It strikes me that with longevity in mind, the camo pieces will age (i.e. go out of "fashion") much faster, given that they are currently at least somewhat still in vogue. Investing in costly Cabourn pieces I think it is wiser to buy the more...
This should clear up a few of the SS13 questions we're seing (apologies if everyone has seen it before):  
  Missed it by an hour or so, mate, it was still there when I checked earlier...
  I took one of the unloved green Fairisles in 48, on the off-chance it might fit. Only another 7 of them left, folks...
  My experience with the Macintosh fabric used for the Cameraman is that even with the vents in the armpits, you don't want to work up a sweat in this jacket. It holdes wet in a lot better than it does out!