or Connect

Posts by NickJohannessen

Brand new, worn once, but I don't have the tags. Wooden toggle with rope and leather fixture. 100% brown tweedy wool body. Taped seams. Made in Japan. Size 3 equates to a Medium but as always, consider the measurements below. Measurements, while garment laid flat: 19.75 inches from armpit to armpit 16 inches from shoulder seam to shoulder seam 23 inches from bottom of collar to bottom of garment   Bought from Okiya in Holland a year or two...
AW10 Nigel Cabourn Mallory jacket in "Army Stripes" Harris Tweed. Harris Tweed 100 year Anniversary edition. Fantastic condition, a fantastic jacket. I've enjoyed this a quite a few days this winter, although you'd be hard pressed to find any sign of use at all. Ventile shoulders and elbow protections. Outside and inside pockets. Spare buttons and tags included.   This is a very reluctant sale, so unless you can guarantee it will go to a careful home and appreciative...
Not a bad looking Cameraman. I definitely think the ones with more contrast work best. My navy/navy is very stealthy and I've often regretted not getting one with a more pronounced tweed.   For the record, I was a very good boy and only peeked briefly at the latest Marrkt, and that only long after all the good stuff had been ripped from the racks. On the same note, I've added more stuff to my for-sale ads, including 2 pairs of brand new selvedge work jeans in a...
ARN Mercantile F&B jeans. Size 36, but waist is a little smaller than usual 36.. Lovely thick denim and great attention to details. Made in the UK. Worn carefully 3 times. A bit on the large side for me. Expensive and hard to find usually. Asking 65 pounds.   ARN make great trousers, witnessed by how they were Nigel Cabourns trousers guys!   Usual SF payment and shipping terms.
Haversack Japan Made Pull Over Collared Work Shirt Size L/Large, Asking 190 175 150 140 120 USD plus shipping.   Up for sale is one hell of a piece for Japanese denim heads out there: one (1) pull over style button down shirt from the high end Japanese clothier Haversack. This shirt is brand new with tags & retails for over $500.   P2P measurement 24.4" (62cm).   Worn a couple of times, never washed. Immaculate condition. Too large for me now.     White...
Added my very nice brown Mallory waistcoat to my for-sale listings:   http://www.styleforum.net/t/339928/nigel-cabourn-mallory-waistcoat-rare-aw10-brown-harris-tweed-sz-52
Rare and sought after Brown Harris Tweed Mallory waistcoat by Nigel Caburn. 100th Anniversary of the Harris Tweed "Orb" symbol. In perfect condtion, only worn a few times.   Size 52, but Cabourn waistcoats are typically small, so it will fit a size 50 perfectly.   Also the same waistcoat in blue herringbone Harris Tweed. Same price.   Lovely, immaculate waistcoast, but having lost weight I need to replace some of my wardrobe.   Airmail shipping within...
Blog post abut the Mallory jacket, history and design influences up now. Thanks to Eric and taiAtari for input!   http://welldresseddad.com/2013/03/09/icons-nigel-cabourn-the-mallory-jacket/
  Actually better than I feared :-) Have you perfected the rather mincing walk of the proper Luftwaffe pilot as well? ;-)
Good stuff, taiAtari!