or Connect

Posts by NickJohannessen

Not a bad first effort. Not really any new info as such on the Mallory, but nice to see it all in one place and decently presented.
I wear Mallorys down to about -15C with a thin lambswool sweater underneath, while cycling. They're pretty warm!   Nick
There's a world of difference between me as a private person posting that I have a jacket for sale and asking to be contacted by PM for details, and commercial vendors (StayClean and Indepencence) posting what amounts to pure advertising, i.e. stock lists with pricing, sizes and numbers available, and photos directly to the forum. If it was just photos, I wouldn't be so down on it, but in combination with the rest, I find it very annoying.   If I am alone in holding this...
It strikes me that this forum is now becoming a sales outlet more than a discussion between enthusiasts. Is it really ok for vendors to advertise like this?
I'm not sure Stay-Clean was entirely up front about his sales. From the remaining ebay-sale for waistcoats (available in all sizes!), we find this text:   "In excellent, unworn condition. They have been sitting boxed in a storage room for the past year. These were part of a large, ultra-rare collection of 50+ NC '12-'13 samples that I am listing for a major NYC showroom over the course of the next month. These includes the 1912 Arctic Expedition as well as the Mainline...
Probably a typo for L28?   http://www.ventile.co.uk/specification.php   I'd be interested to hear from someone who has tried both Mackintosh and Ventile camaraman jackets. Is the Ventile less clammy?
USHOWU appear to be getting different stuff, then again they normally carry more than most of Cabourn. They just posted a Bauger X Cabourn Bomber jacket on their Facebook page:   https://www.facebook.com/UshowU?hc_location=stream
  Ah, my mistake then. Would love to see the rest of the lookbook!   PS: Raw yellow sz 52 Cameraman still available. Noone?
I see USHOWU are opening a proper shop in Maastricht, Netherlands now. This is an interesting development, as they have consistently been one of the largest stockists of Cabourn (along with Corniche in Edinburgh, I'd think). Also have to give USHOWU a lot of credit for doing some incredible promo shots for their stuff. While I'm no fan of camo, this image for the AW13 Crazy Cameraman is incredible!  
The tweed Mallory is made by a company called Panache in London, as far as I know. The Cameraman has been made by Mackintosh in Scotland, at least as long as they were made using Mackintosh fabric. Not sure if the change to Ventile has changed anything.   Mos of the Cabourn stuff is produced in a single factory in the Midlands, staffed by young Eastern European workers.