or Connect

Posts by NickJohannessen

I'm not sure Stay-Clean was entirely up front about his sales. From the remaining ebay-sale for waistcoats (available in all sizes!), we find this text:   "In excellent, unworn condition. They have been sitting boxed in a storage room for the past year. These were part of a large, ultra-rare collection of 50+ NC '12-'13 samples that I am listing for a major NYC showroom over the course of the next month. These includes the 1912 Arctic Expedition as well as the Mainline...
Probably a typo for L28?   http://www.ventile.co.uk/specification.php   I'd be interested to hear from someone who has tried both Mackintosh and Ventile camaraman jackets. Is the Ventile less clammy?
USHOWU appear to be getting different stuff, then again they normally carry more than most of Cabourn. They just posted a Bauger X Cabourn Bomber jacket on their Facebook page:   https://www.facebook.com/UshowU?hc_location=stream
  Ah, my mistake then. Would love to see the rest of the lookbook!   PS: Raw yellow sz 52 Cameraman still available. Noone?
I see USHOWU are opening a proper shop in Maastricht, Netherlands now. This is an interesting development, as they have consistently been one of the largest stockists of Cabourn (along with Corniche in Edinburgh, I'd think). Also have to give USHOWU a lot of credit for doing some incredible promo shots for their stuff. While I'm no fan of camo, this image for the AW13 Crazy Cameraman is incredible!  
The tweed Mallory is made by a company called Panache in London, as far as I know. The Cameraman has been made by Mackintosh in Scotland, at least as long as they were made using Mackintosh fabric. Not sure if the change to Ventile has changed anything.   Mos of the Cabourn stuff is produced in a single factory in the Midlands, staffed by young Eastern European workers.  
  I think this is probably very true, and while you only mention workwear we should include hikerdelia (like the aircraft jacket, which to me is a regular anorak more than anything else), retro trainers and "cool" t-shirts.   Heck, for my own part I really like wearing my Cabourn Naval and Bombay pants, and think their baggy style is incredibly stylish, yet my girlfriend thinks they look awful and prefers me in slim-fitting trousers.
  It sure is. The combination of the yellow Mackintosh upper and the cream Irish linen bottom is sublime. Oddly, no one has contacted me yet about the one going spare (and it's priced to sell).
Anyone looking for a raw yellow SS12 Cameraman in 52? Brand new and unused example available. PM me.  
I came across an interesting sight in Oslo recently, at Høyer Eger in the city centre. A small collection of Nigel Cabourn, consisting of 4 Ventile Cameraman jackets, a jersey Mallory, and one last that I couldn't identify. They must be testing the waters, as Nigel Cabourn is entirely unknown in Norway. I believe they also had a couple of jackets from the Everest collection a year or two back.   It was interesting for me to have the opportunity to feel the Ventile...