or Connect

Posts by NickJohannessen

I was watching their raw yellow Cameraman month after month, having seen it in their Liverpool shop last summer. Went to 50% and sat there. Their website always has loads of stock and static prices, even while everyone else is reducing and clearing out stock.   Isn't it a given that to shift NC you need to offer serious discounts? :-)   I've sort of thought this was the business model: Initially offer the garments at insane prices, then offer a decent discount. Everyone...
I can't help but think that if you want to look a total dick, camo jacket and camo shorts makes for a pretty winning combo... But my taste may differ from popular opinion on this!   Also, while I'm bitching about the camo... :-) It strikes me that with longevity in mind, the camo pieces will age (i.e. go out of "fashion") much faster, given that they are currently at least somewhat still in vogue. Investing in costly Cabourn pieces I think it is wiser to buy the more...
This should clear up a few of the SS13 questions we're seing (apologies if everyone has seen it before):  
  Missed it by an hour or so, mate, it was still there when I checked earlier...
  I took one of the unloved green Fairisles in 48, on the off-chance it might fit. Only another 7 of them left, folks...
  My experience with the Macintosh fabric used for the Cameraman is that even with the vents in the armpits, you don't want to work up a sweat in this jacket. It holdes wet in a lot better than it does out!
  I was looking at it, and the yellow shirts. Thankfully I managed to resist both. I couldn't see myself ever actually using either of them. It's good the sales are almost done now...
  That sounds good! I have a size 50 waiting for me to pick it up in London next week. I took a chance on knitwear being a bit more lenient sizewise. Normally I seem to be a bit between sizes. Chest measures 41.5". Cameraman (navy) size 50 is a touch tight, (raw yellow) size 52 is much larger. Mallorys it's harder to judge, as without checking the measurements of the actual jacket to verify the marked size, it's impossible to know what you're dealing with. Either 1 or 2...
  In my experience, yes, as small as all the Cabourn waistcoats. If you want to button them up, comfortably, you need to size up at least one, if not two sizes from the coat size. I fit nicely in a Mallory size 50, but a Mallory waistcoat size 52 is tight. The linen waistcoats are about the same (and here I made the mistake of ordering both in size 50..). Mostly though I wear my waistcoats open, so size is more flexible.   Of course, the insane variation of Cabourn sizing...
  I can see that in my future (once it comes up on Marrkt at a massive discount, natch). I have this one from the previous season (which to my eyes is even cooler!):   http://www.flannelsfashion.com/products/details/i/21760-b9mlt/n/check-stripe-mix-linen-waistcoat.aspx