or Connect

Posts by NickJohannessen

Lots of stuff up on http://www.cabourn.com/men/archive/past-season.html now.
50% off on past season stuff on cabourn.com from tomorrow, or so was just announced on the Instagram.
 Just out of curiosity, what sort of temperature are we talking about?
Strong heritage work there, can definitely see the inspiration from classic Americana.
Wow, good find, Zissou! Never even knew those existed!
Basically a jacket needs to have two properties to be warm: a) A solid pocket of immobile air to provide insulation. b) Enough windproofness to allow the insulation to work, and keep heat inside the jacket. The Everest appears to have plenty of point b, but with the amount of down filling and the generally deflated look of it, I can't see how it will insulate well. Unless you have a big sweater on underneath. So, yes, the Everest is a fine piece of retro styling based...
Have you got the massive sweater and beard to go with it?
 It has to be at least along those lines, as it would be naive to imagine anyone is losing money when things to go half price, or even deeper discount. They're just not making a whacking great profit is all.Sure it costs more to use quality fabrics and produce in the UK, but let's not get all dewy eyed. It's a cynical world and I've previously written about the large factory in the Midlands staffed by Latvians that produce a lot of stuff for Mr C.
If your problems is the falling off of frozen nuts, I suggest thermal underwear and wool trousers may be in order! :-) Seriously though, I have a huge problem with the justifications of the Everest that are bandied about. It's the price of a decent used car, fer chrissakes! You could drive yourself and 4 friends around in comfort and warmth and go places for the price of this insanely overpriced and silly jacket. Just to put a little perspective on it. It may be superbly...
 I think the ones from SEH Kelly are the most impressive I have handled and seen. Not cheap by far, but insane quality and thickness.