or Connect

Posts by UnnamedPlayer

what about the part where the total cost is the same?   Sure shipping on two pairs of shoes isn't double the cost of one pair however it is more than a single pair on its own.
meh.
  that answers the question regarding their use of cork.   still doesn't explain why the shoe was so wet inside if it was just a 10-15 walk through some light rain.
Actually, you are still mistaken.   If you read the page you link to it states "However, handwelting has the advantage of being able to directly attach the welt to the insole without the use of the canvas rib that’s necessary for Goodyear welting. This allows you to use thinner layers of cork..."   The key line being "this allows you to use thinner layers of cork", not that Meermin does use a layer of cork.
a lot of fucking words, any fucking pictures?
ROmp is wrong, you are correct.   Hand welted, which Meermin's "linea Masetro" and by extension MTO shoes are constructed as, do not have a cork layer.   Romp's mistake was letting them air dry for 24Hours, if the inside is still damp, the inside is still damp, not much more to it. They must have copped one hell of a soaking.   All that need to be done is to stuff the shoe full of paper towels to suck out the moisture and once dry tree them and wear them.
tie doesn't do anything for me and the pocket square is too matchy matchy with the tie fabric.
I have a pair of vintage boar bristle clothes brushes for sale on eBay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251256460509?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
the welt is a bit rough...
brown suede.   Have spoken to Luisa and the suede version should be available now. Brown calf would be an extra cost although I'm sure it wouldn't be the full MTO cost and may even be no charge if enough people are after it.