or Connect

Posts by yankmod

Joe Strummer and Mick Jones were Vegetarians before The Clash and Punk so American Punk (and their progeny) have some elbow room in that area.As for humans "Naturally" being carnivores.Lies and Propaganda.Absolute.
I saw an Episode of "Rte.66"(TV Show,from Feb 1963)  "Suppose I Said I Was the Queen of Spain" The Character Tod Stiles is working in the Oil Fields in California.He is wearing a BD shirt,Levi's trucker jacket,tan Chinos(highwaters) and Big work boots.Spitting Image of a Skinhead.Sorry I can't post a Pic of this.  
One thing that is possible to see clearly in this version is the four guys being interviewed.The guy in that back,Black hair white shirt and pants,black braces.You can clearly see his Tattoo's on both his forearms.
Here is the Legal link to the Skinheads BBC doc Youtube keeps removing.Excellent quality so's yuz can see the detail on the Shirts.Enjoy.    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00jy2zh
You make a valid point.I was being much more broad in my definition.Ray can say what he wants. Doesn't mean he sees his own work clearly.The Kinks version of Psychedelic is about as freaked out as I like actually.Early Move.The Action bootleg.And the Sid side of Da Floyd.More Lewis Carroll than that dreadful LSD drenched San Fran abomination.As Always my asides are mere distraction.
America created Rock and Roll.When the UK got into it they created RAWK(they couldn't imitate Rock and Roll exactly) Americans imitated Brit Rawk(like Heavy Mental(sic)) and then you had American Rock.A convoluted but obvious trail(with bread crumbs and all).       The La's COULD be Psychedelic,Listen to "Looking Glass".
Lavender Hill? The Kinks were defo Psychedelic."See My Friends" The First British Psych song.Ray got it whilst lounging on the beach in India. Macca was jealous.
Disagree Strongly. Psychedelic Rawk it Are. Rawk with a W signifies its the UK version.
Weller use to say "Waterloo Sunset"was his Favorite British Pop song.Today he says it's "There She Goes".Maybe you Brits are too close to it.It's one of the Great British Rawk Tunes.Honest.