or Connect

Posts by forsan

Thank you! Good to know.
I've seen mixed things from searching, but can anyone comment on sizing in regards to wide feet?   I'm a 7.5E on a Brannock device and take a 7E in Barrie. I saw that a couple guys take a 10E in Barrie also take a 10D in 2030 last, but was wondering if anyone else has done the same (or different). Hoping I can buy a standard make up from a retailer rather than having to go MTO for a wide fitting. Thanks!
Just tried on my first pair of Driggs and I'm glad I finally decided to try them! I own a pair of Walts that fit great, but I typically don't have to dress up (even business casual would seem too formal at my office).   I have a long torso and skinny/short legs, so the Rivet's rise is just too low for me and the Walt's leg a little too roomy for my day-to-day outfits. Full disclosure, I tend to wear Unis Gio Skinny's (which I love), but wanted something a little roomier...
I own 4 shirts with one more on the way. I take a small in Ovadia and a small in Gitman vintage as well. Gitman's fit ranges for me from just right to a little snug, so in most cases the Ovadia fit is similar or a little looser in the body compared to Gitman. Nothing too extreme. In terms of quality, I really like them. That being said, their shirts seem to be on the dressier side (longer hem; not too long, just longer than Gitman) and softer fabrics. Even their oxfords...
For sale is a pair of Alden McClaren longwings made for Unionmade in 8.5D. Classic longwing in a two-tone scotch brown and tan calf. Barrie last on double oak soles.   I purchased these at the San Francisco location in August of 2012. They've seen regular wear since then, but are in great condition and always stored with shoe trees.   There are minor signs of wear on the upper, including a water welt on the right shoe and a slight loss of the scotchgrain pattern on the...
For sale is a Gitman Brothers for Woodlands (Tanner Goods) end-on-end blue oxford shirt in Medium. While tagged medium, I typically take a small in Gitman Vintage and found this Medium to be a comparable fit. I tried this shirt in small and it was too small for me and did not correspond well to Gitman Vintage small.   Otherwise, this is a great shirt in a lightweight cotton with a subtle end-on-end pattern. I purchased it last July at Woodlands/Tanner Goods here in...
Just wanted to share a few more 973 photos I snapped today after I took them out on their maiden voyage. It was (briefly) an unusually sunny day in Portland, so I tried to take advantage of the lighting.   I originally wasn't 100% sure on the Rain last before, as they seemed a little too sleek for my typical casual outfits, but I've quickly grown to love these. I also find them quite flattering for my wide feet - my girlfriend even remarked how she thought they were...
If I'm not mistaken, twice a year (once each season). It's a mixed bag as far as what makes it to sale. If there's a color I really know I want, I tend to buy at full retail to play it safe, but I'll pick up the rest at sale price.
Steve, thank you again for putting together the 973 captoe MTO! They turned out great.   Quick question - as this is my first pair of Carmina's, do they not mark width on the box or inside the shoe? I know I ordered a 6.5 UK wide, but do not see any width markings anywhere. They fit great, just want to make sure I'm aware in case I ever decide to sell down the road. Thanks again!  
Wow, photos of the captoe look great! Very much looking forward to getting into the office tomorrow and receiving my pair from the mail room (I tried to get in this weekend, but alas, they were locked up).   Crossing my fingers on the fit, and will post photos as soon as I can!