or Connect

Posts by Parker

Today. This might be better with black boots. but these sneakers are so comfy.        AW 2007 wool blazer with knit panels (grail) SS 2007 jersey pants with faux shorts over the top SS 2012 long belt Uniqlo tee Adidas Matchplay   Sometimes fit snapshots are just blobs of black, but I'm always surprised at how much texture and color variation there can be in all that black. Heavy cotton jersey, dry and light cupro, sturdy but soft gabardine, etc. all give off...
I probably ran into you because I lived around the corner from there.    Dark blue with light blue middle panels.   
lol. I don't think they actually did a catlaog.  It was basically a trad men's shop catering to dudes on the coast. so sailing, beach, etc. I think they had a shop in LA (westwood?) and in Newport. They kinda captured a certain time period though. 60s-80s button-down style.
  Yep! My friend's brother worked there so we'd always hit him up for stuff. the uniform: ss button down popovers, surgicle belts, bermuda shorts and sperrys/vans/leather thongs. Basically proto Engineered Garments. Sometimes I think Daiki has a back-stock of At-Ease catalogs in his studio. The old guy SoCal look also added saddle shoes and blue blazer. I think Ralph Lauren and Tommy Bahama supplanted that old West Coast trad vibe. Ironically one of my first jobs (stock...
I think it's hard to compare since Yohji makes so many different cuts of pants: slim, full, wide, cropped etc. Also, he makes conventional designs like those Tautz, but a lot with elaborate closure systems, buttons, etc. As a generalization, his pants always seem to "hang" very well off the rear and waist -- probably because he is an expert pattern maker.    If you're looking for drape, I'd go for wool. Cotton is trickier. It really depends on the fabric, some has it...
 I don't think it was always this way though. I remember the older guys in So Cal were well-dressed until about the end of the 80s. The wave of preppy kept a bunch of people looking pretty sharp. Then it all seemed to go downhill. Around the same time, many of the "classic" mens shops closed up.  Maybe it was the influence of designer or branded clothes or just cheaper production or the rise of discounters.  Whatever happened, I agree Americans got used to thinking about...
Yeah, where's the update guys?
Great look Ivwri. ^^ That shirt-blazer is really cool. I like how the back panel tucks around the bottom hem.    Yeah, I'm still around. I've actually been reading this entire thread again recently. I missed a lot the first time around, so learning some new stuff. 
In case anyone is still reading this, I found some explanation for the layering here along with some extra shots of the footwear.  Corporate Motherfuckers!