or Connect

Posts by Parker

yeah, the Belle Epoque style is quite cool. as are their window displays. A few photos from Dries' blog below. also... now that we know you live nearby, you're obliged to report back from HQ on occasion. ;-)      
I think that's totally legit. After all fashion is sort of a form of fantasy anyway. Dries' notion of chillin' on a beach in Spain is just as real as someone else's actually being there. The dream is often more beautiful than reality.
So, one of the things Dries is known for is his sense of travel and use of traditional crafts like embroidery and ethnic prints. Sometimes these things are just elements added to a larger idea -- other times they are integral to the overall theme. One of my favorite collections is the one he did for men Spring-Summer 2006 where travel and craft are very much part of the story. Over the past couple years I've looked through all his past work and I keep coming back to this...
  it's sort of like when a song from your favorite band shows up in a Doritos commercial -- still an awesome song. 
 I think the issue is with the lead photo.    also isn't the appeal of James Bond and Don Draper all about the simple understated white or pale blue shirt?
 you can actually fill your own nespresso pods? that would be great.  for a quickie home shot it's not too bad. the machine was a gift ... so now i'm 'in the club'. someday I'll upgrade to something nicer. too much to buy. 
Delivery guy just showed up with what I thought was my weekly jawnz fix -- it was a box of Nespresso refills.   I alternate btwn espresso pulls and Beehouse pour overs.  
dork power!   (referring to steveoffice's thom browne jacket + also dlester's reading list)
the in-stitches transformation is going as planned.
in SF the gourmet mex places seems to be co-existing with the traditional taquerias. at least the good ones seem to still be thriving. It's probably more about real estate and lease agreements than food quality tho.  I have to admit there's something nice about having the option of top-shelf margarita and grass fed carne asada tacos.  /: yuppiehipster