or Connect

Posts by Parker

That makes sense. More of a sharp musician Motown '62 look, than the "all-American" college look -- even tho BD and loafers could probably be worn either way. 
the prevailing wisdom is: always = middle button sometimes = top button   Perhaps though, with the hard-roll "true" 3 button style like Eddie is wearing, the jackets were worn with just the top button done and not the middle? I've mostly seen them either both done up or just middle. edit: found a pic of Pete T with just top button done. Steve with the middle button. Ronnie with both done up.         As a side note, I'm re-reading The Soul Stylists by Hewitt...
pretty good, but Eddie got the "always, sometimes, never" rule wrong. 
 I think DBs generally look better cut on the slim side. But then, "slim cut" usually looks better on slim dudes. The pulling there also might be just 'cause he's leaning over. Pictures can't tell everything. 
 Lol. I've got a bunch of old designs stored away somewhere which I'm not gonna dig up. Fortunately you can find almost anything on Etsy.  Disclaimer: I was working with a prescribed theme which I did not necessary endorse. ie. acid house, neon tribal, eco-warrior, etc. I was in my SuperBobo-black-tee-and-black-shorts-Blink-182 phase at the time.   [[SPOILER]]
 Regular readers of this thread however would surely already have read Arcane Details: Sidebar 1:  
yep, I was in the design department. super early 90s. so who knows?
 Noob, I'm waiting for the day you find one of my vintage OP shirts. My first job was designing tees and prints for them. 
 Pants look fine to me width-wise but longer with an angled hem as suggested is a good idea. I have the same issue with some trousers. As you mentioned a looser jacket would really improve your overall proportions. I hope you wiped down that table!  Yes! but the long point was good with the 80s YSL suit.