or Connect

Posts by Parker

your glasses are great. tune out the noise. tune in the psych-fuzz.    hah: jinx naheun
speaking of Los Angeles entertainment in the 60s... thought someone here would get a kick out of this shot of Davy Jones in '69.   
 that looks cool. I hope you're wearing the hat outdoors though!--edit1: we could all use more Monkees gifs.-edit2: @ManofKent looks great. it's young-ish, but you can pull it off. maybe untuck tee (if length doesn't compete wth jacket)?
yep, very 90s (80s for that matter!). depending on how much padding there is, you may not want to remove it. the padding is usually there as a support for the fabric to drape over. if it's removed you might create unwanted folds, bumps, sags, etc. if it's very lightly padded to begin with, it's usually a little easier. (tip: I've had my tailor remove partial padding which can be an ok compromise).   as for altering your designer goods, I don't necessarily think it's...
i'm totally not a watch guy, but that is great. would totally wear that. 
maybe we shoud limit thumb comments to 2 words. people would have to get creative and it would prevent too much sub-convo
yeah I was gonna add that I would totally pay more for a designer's take on something. having tried to DIY my own 501s in the style of Junya, I know that it takes a level of craft as well as design eye that I don't have to make it look the way it does. worth the extra $ at least to me. I just thought it was interesting that an "upcycled" jean was the new "it" item -- and that stacks of previously 20 dollar schmatta could be transformed into a new luxury thing. 
"Retooled" used Levi 501s now hot: style.com article   Vetements version $1400  

bosss